SAFRAN SEATS IS A WORLD LEADER IN AIRCRAFT SEATING.
For more than 80 years, Safran Seats has been a premium manufacturer of First and Business Class seating systems for passenger airlines.
With the largest seats portfolio of all seats suppliers, we pride ourselves on innovation, customization, quality and industrial design.
Safran Seats GB, based in Cwmbran, South Wales is a 100% owned subsidiary of Safran Seats and we currently have 800+ employees (across 3 sites in the UK- Cwmbran, Newport and Brackley).
Seats GB offers:
• Unique and High-end Quality products
• Market leader in Bespoke aircraft seating
• Passenger Experience Expertise
• In-house design studio and group Synergies
• Dedicated production line and Industrialisation facilities
• Bespoke capabilities
• Co-creation abilities
At Safran, the Programme Manager is responsible for ensuring compliance with objectives set by company management and contractual commitments made to the customer. As such, the Programme Manager is the owner of the business plan and has financial authority for the programme, in accordance with the associated delegations of responsibility.
When the Programme Manager is assigned to a Product Line they will own the Product Line business plan, define and execute the Product Line roadmap including support to Programmes and next generation preparation and prepare the bid.
Key Responsibilities & Duties;
• Ensure effective information sharing and team unity around a set of common objectives
• In conjunction with the head of each function, define and evaluate the objectives for each member of the integrated program team, within their area of responsibility
• Implement and coordinate the program management plan
• Consolidate the various schedules and keep the overall program calendar updated
• Make the decisions needed to ensure customer satisfaction and compliance with contractual commitments
• Verify and pass on the customer's specifications and manage any changes to them
• Propose the initial product line performance trade off to Product stakeholders & to marketing
• Define and Execute the Product Line roadmap including support to Programs and next generation preparation
• Consolidate the various risk mitigation plans, guarantee the reliability and accuracy of management data and ensure that risks are duly managed
• Act as point of contact for company's risk manager for the program / Product Line
• Identify and mitigate risks and opportunities
Ability to develop the strategy for a programme utilising the organisation processes and reference systems
Proficiency in financial management and project management
Ability to listen to customers, provide support and ensure their satisfaction (strong sense of customer culture)
Proficiency in the legal and contractual aspects of programme execution
Ability to organize and plan projects, including complex collaborative projects with partners
Ability to develop the strategy for a Product Line utilising the Sales and Marketing intelligence to guarantee product performance
Ability to listen to Internal Customer (Sales and Marketing) for Product Line, provide support to Customer Program IPT for product variant development (strong sense of customer culture)
Do you want to join our team?
No candidate will meet every single desired qualification. If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified and you think you can bring value to the role, we'd love to hear from you!
Our employees are at the heart of our success; we offer a range of competitive benefits, career progression and training opportunities helping to ensure we build the future.
At Safran Seats GB, we continue to support our employees and their contribution by providing a range of benefits.
• 25 days holiday + UK Bank Holidays
• Working Hours (unless specified) are 37.5 hours per week; Mon-Thurs (8am-4:30pm), Friday (8am-1:30pm)
• ‘On Board Benefits' Programme, providing a number of schemes such as cycle to work, technology savings, retail discounts and access to private healthcare
• Fulfilling your potential with Career Progressions opportunities such as company sponsorship and further training courses
• Family friendly policies including maternity, paternity, adoptive parents, shared parental leave, parental leave and flexible working
• Equality & Diversity initiatives with internal groups for workplace engagement and involvement
• STEM engagement with schools, colleges and universities and Charitable activities for all
• Free parking onsite
• With a focus on employee health and wellbeing, we have a large, canteen/break area with indoor and outdoor seating, bicycle storage and shower/changing facilities.
Specificity of the job
There is no regular travel required with this role
Locate your future workplace
Kestrel House, Lakeside, Llantarnam NP44 3HQ
Wales United Kingdom