Are you interested in working at the business end of Aerospace, where airline brand meets innovative passenger experience? Then your next opportunity could be with Safran Seats, an industry award winning, premium designer and manufacturer of First and Business Class seating and technology. Our passenger experience prides itself on innovation, customization, quality and industrial design.
At Safran Seats, we are unique within aerospace, as we interface with both the world's biggest airlines and airframers alike, with the largest seats portfolio of all seats suppliers. One day you could be liaising with one of the world's largest airframers, and the next, some of the biggest airline brands around the world!
In the UK, Safran Seats specialises solely in the First Class and Business Class seating markets for wide body aircraft, with industrial and engineering teams in Cwmbran and Newport, Wales and Brackley, England.
The Production Control Manager is responsible for managing a team of Production Controllers assigned to a production area. They are accountable for the delivery of MRP plan for the related work centres with a key focus on enabling all Operations activities with the aim of reducing the cost and timing of the supply chain, whilst improving productivity and guaranteeing increased reliability overall.
Key Responsibilities will include:
• Determine the appropriate planning methodology for all work centres in the assigned production areas including the respective planning horizons.
• Establish key work centre schedules (including identification of bottlenecks) in line with the MRP requirements with consideration of any known risks for the agreed scheduling horizon.
• Drive the creation and delivery of recovery plans jointly with Operations and Supply Chain stakeholders for any identified blockers or constraints
• Routinely identify enablement risks to the schedule, and coordinate and expedite the flow of materials in cooperation with the Procurement and/or Internal Scheduling teams, and lead recovery and corrective planning actions where deviation to MPS or MRP exists
• Ensure full raw material availability to the operation in line with the schedule, covering both short and long-term horizons
• Facilitate and Support daily / weekly reviews, e.g. Quick Response Quality Control (QRQC), Production Reviews
• Review short and mid-term capacity utilisation, working with Operations leaders to establish plans to ensure sufficient capacity is available to process the load through each work centre
• Measure and analyse performance using the defined MRP2 metrics and provide the required weekly/monthly reports
• Establish effective performance measures that can be used to alert management on delivery issues and potential late deliveries
• Analyse the root cause of metrics not at target level (OTIF, OTD, etc.) and work with the stakeholders to develop the necessary action/recovery plans
Specificity of the job
No travel required
Locate your future workplace
Llantarnam Industrial Park, Llantarnam NP44 3HQ
Wales United Kingdom