SAFRAN SEATS IS A WORLD LEADER IN AIRCRAFT SEATING.
For more than 80 years, Safran Seats has been a premium manufacturer of First and Business Class seating systems for passenger airlines. With the largest seats portfolio of all seats suppliers, we pride ourselves on innovation, customization, quality and industrial design. Safran Seats GB, based in Cwmbran, South Wales is a 100% owned subsidiary of Safran Seats and we currently have 800+ employees (across 3 sites in the UK- Cwmbran, Newport and Brackley).
Seats GB offers:
• Unique and High-end Quality products
• Market leader in Bespoke aircraft seating
• Passenger Experience Expertise
• In-house design studio and group Synergies
• Dedicated production line and Industrialisation facilities
• Bespoke capabilities
• Co-creation abilities
The Production Planning and Control Manager is responsible for managing a team of production controllers assigned to a production area. They are accountable for the delivery of the master production schedule or associated MRP plan for the related work centres with a key focus on enabling all Operations activities with the aim of reducing the cost and timing of the supply chain, whilst improving productivity and guaranteeing increased reliability overall.
They are Business Process Owner for the following global supply chain processes:
• Material Requirements Planning & MRP Master Data
• Production Scheduling
Key Responsibilities & Duties;
• Establish key work centre schedules (incl identification of bottlenecks) in line with the MPS or MRP requirements with consideration of any known risks for the agreed scheduling horizon
• Key input to the weekly MPS meeting: monitor production backlog, analyse the impacts, reschedule if necessary
• Ensure full raw material availability to the operation in line with the schedule, covering both short and long-term horizons
• Identify enablement risks to the schedule and coordinate and expedite the flow of materials in cooperation with the Purchasing team or Internal Scheduling teams and lead recovery planning actions where deviation to MPS or MRP exists
• Reviewing short and mid-term capacity utilisation, working with Operations leaders to establish plans to ensure sufficient capacity is available to process the load through each work centre
• Measure and analyse performance using the defined MRP2 metrics and provides the required weekly/monthly reports
• Establish effective performance measures that can be used to alert management on delivery issues and potential late deliveries
• Analyse the root cause of metrics not at target level (MPS, OTD, etc.) and work with the stakeholders to develop the necessary action/recovery plans
• Manage inventory effectively by ensuring that Quarantine parts are actioned promptly and reviewing optimisation potential
• Ensure the accuracy of the both master data and transactional data within the ERP or other site systems
• Coordinate the overall logistics flow (incoming, internal and outgoing), including shop floor provisions including in conjunction with the stores team for the FAL/MU
• Lead and encourage process improvement through CI methodologies, e.g OneSafran, PI initiatives
• Facilitate and Support daily / weekly reviews, e.g. QRQC, Production Reviews, etc
• Understand Safran Industrial Core Model and drive action plans to ensure process operate at target maturity level for MRP and Production Scheduling
• Contribute to lean and improvement projects:
o Ensure that changes introduced are replicated within the processes and ERP system to ensure the effectiveness of planning parameters
o Ensure configuration management (updated articles, classifications and Boms in ERP) and maintain the changes record sheet
• Participate to :
o Rate Readiness and resources investment studies
o Stock Takes, Audits & Assessments
o External Supply reviews and support the SPM teams in discussions with suppliers
o In grab list analysis with detection of short and middle term risks
* Working knowledge of Production Planning / Production Control / Production Scheduling processes
* Demonstrable experience of MRP
* Ability to lead and develop a team through coaching and authentic leadership
* Ability to communicate across all levels
* Ability to build good working relationships across department and with supplier & customer representatives
* Strong analytical skills and understanding of financial concepts combined with a continuous improvement mindset
* Communication Skills
* IT literacy in MS Office
* HSE leadership experience
* Change Management Skills
Do you want to join our team?
Our employees are at the heart of our success; we offer a range of competitive benefits, career progression and training opportunities helping to ensure we build the future.
At Safran Seats GB, we continue to support our employees and their contribution by providing a range of benefits.
• 25 days holiday + UK Bank Holidays
• Working Hours (unless specified) are 37.5 hours per week; Mon-Thurs (8am-4:30pm), Friday (8am-1:30pm)
• ‘On Board Benefits' Programme, providing a number of schemes such as cycle to work, technology savings, retail discounts and access to private healthcare
• Fulfilling your potential with Career Progressions opportunities such as company sponsorship and further training courses
• Family friendly policies including maternity, paternity, adoptive parents, shared parental leave, parental leave and flexible working
• Equality & Diversity initiatives with internal groups for workplace engagement and involvement
• STEM engagement with schools, colleges and universities and Charitable activities for all
• Free parking onsite
• With a focus on employee health and wellbeing, we have a large, canteen/break area with indoor and outdoor seating, bicycle storage and shower/changing facilities.
Specificity of the job
There are no travel requirements for this role.
Locate your future workplace
Kestrel House, Lakeside, Llantarnam NP44 3HQ
England United Kingdom
- © Safran