SAFRAN SEATS IS A WORLD LEADER IN AIRCRAFT SEATING.
For more than 80 years, Safran Seats has been a premium manufacturer of First and Business Class seating systems for passenger airlines.
With the largest seats portfolio of all seats suppliers, we pride ourselves on innovation, customization, quality and industrial design.
Safran Seats GB, based in Cwmbran, South Wales is a 100% owned subsidiary of Safran Seats and we currently have 800+ employees (across 3 sites in the UK- Cwmbran, Newport and Brackley).
Seats GB offers:
• Unique and High-end Quality products
• Market leader in Bespoke aircraft seating
• Passenger Experience Expertise
• In-house design studio and group Synergies
• Dedicated production line and Industrialisation facilities
• Bespoke capabilities
• Co-creation abilities
Do you want to join our team?
Our employees are at the heart of our success; we offer a range of competitive benefits, career progression and training opportunities helping to ensure we build the future.
At Safran Seats GB, we continue to support our employees and their contribution by providing a range of benefits.
• 25 days holiday + UK Bank Holidays
• Working Hours (unless specified) are 40 hours per week; Mon-Thurs (7:30am-:4:30pm), Friday (7:30am-1:30pm)
• ‘On Board Benefits' Programme, providing a number of schemes such as cycle to work, technology savings, retail discounts and access to private healthcare
• Fulfilling your potential with Career Progressions opportunities such as company sponsorship and further training courses
• Family friendly policies including maternity, paternity, adoptive parents, shared parental leave, parental leave and flexible working
• Equality & Diversity initiatives with internal groups for workplace engagement and involvement
• STEM engagement with schools, colleges and universities and Charitable activities for all
• Free parking onsite
• With a focus on employee health and wellbeing, we have a large, bicycle storage and shower/changing facilities.
Quality Technician Part 145
The Part 145 Quality Technician will be an active member of the Part 145 team and key to maintaining our Approvals.
They will analyse customer returns and final inspect/certify the finished repairs to the relevant Technical Publications.
There may be requirements for travel within both the UK and the rest of the World.
Certified Signatory for appropriate Airworthiness Certificates.
Ensure and advise adherence to Airworthiness Authority regulations.
Duties & Responsibilities
Manage supplier and customer orderbooks
Raise scrap certificates
Enter supplier quotation details into a computerised system and prepare customer reports
Price up internal repair jobs
Send quotations to customers and process customer approvals
Update the customers regularly with the status of their current open orders
Liaise across all departments to ensure delivery dates are met
Respond to technical questions from the customers and suppliers
Manage shortages to ensure we meet our lead times
Willingness to participate in improvement activity across the business
Good computer skills, including Microsoft Office - Word, Excel & Outlook.
Great communication skills - both spoken and written.
The willingness to learn.
Specificity of the job
There may be requirements for travel within both the UK and the rest of the world.
Locate your future workplace
Kestrel House, Lakeside, Llantarnam NP44 3HQ
Wales United Kingdom
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 76,800 employees and sales of 15,3 billion euros in 2021 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and innovation roadmap.
Safran was ranked as the world's third best employer in its sector by Forbes magazine in 2021.
Safran Seats is a world leader in aircraft passenger and crew seats. One million seats made by the company are now in service worldwide.
- © Safran