SAFRAN SEATS IS A WORLD LEADER IN AIRCRAFT SEATING.
For more than 80 years, Safran Seats has been a premium manufacturer of First and Business Class seating systems for passenger airlines.
With the largest seats portfolio of all seats suppliers, we pride ourselves on innovation, customization, quality and industrial design.
Safran Seats GB, based in Cwmbran, South Wales is a 100% owned subsidiary of Safran Seats and we currently have 800+ employees (across 3 sites in the UK- Cwmbran, Newport and Brackley).
Seats GB offers:
• Unique and High-end Quality products
• Market leader in Bespoke aircraft seating
• Passenger Experience Expertise
• In-house design studio and group Synergies
• Dedicated production line and Industrialisation facilities
• Bespoke capabilities
• Co-creation abilities
The Part 145 Build Technician will be an active member of the Part 145 team and key to maintaining our Approvals.
They will repair, refurbish and modify customer returns of aircraft interior products in accordance with the customer repair orders and relevant Technical Publications and procedures whilst abiding to the Airworthiness Authority regulations.
Key Responsibilities & Duties;
Repair, refurbish and modify components to engineering drawings and in accordance with agreed company documentation and customer repair orders.
To complete all relevant documentation to demonstrate that repair, testing and inspection are to the appropriate quality standards
Support other members of staff with technical queries and investigations.
Self-certify all work and complete orders in accordance with system requirements
Working with minimum of supervision using own initiative
To cross train where appropriate for full flexibility
Report and help solve any manufacturing problem that may occur
Must be prepared to undertake activities required out of the factory and when necessary outside the normal working hours
Must also be prepared to travel, and be present on working parties as needed
Must embrace change and be willing to adopt new skills to support all areas of the business
To be flexible in a team oriented environment
Support other members of the team with queries.
Monitor, control and process non-conforming product (i.e scrap, quarantine, etc)
Support and engage in company initiatives, including, Continuous Improvement, KPI collection, Process Improvements, etc.
Undertake any training of themselves and support training of others as deemed required by management.
Undertake other reasonable duties, which are consistent and commensurate with the skills, knowledge, experience and training.
Do you want to join our team?
Our employees are at the heart of our success; we offer a range of competitive benefits, career progression and training opportunities helping to ensure we build the future.
At Safran Seats GB, we continue to support our employees and their contribution by providing a range of benefits.
• 25 days holiday + UK Bank Holidays
• Working Hours (unless specified) are 37.5 hours per week; Mon-Thurs (8am-4:30pm), Friday (8am-1:30pm)
• ‘On Board Benefits' Programme, providing a number of schemes such as cycle to work, technology savings, retail discounts and access to private healthcare
• Fulfilling your potential with Career Progressions opportunities such as company sponsorship and further training courses
• Family friendly policies including maternity, paternity, adoptive parents, shared parental leave, parental leave and flexible working
• Equality & Diversity initiatives with internal groups for workplace engagement and involvement
• STEM engagement with schools, colleges and universities and Charitable activities for all
• Free parking onsite
• With a focus on employee health and wellbeing, we have a large, canteen/break area with indoor and outdoor seating, bicycle storage and shower/changing facilities.
Part 145 Knowledge/Experience
Aviation Seat Knowledge/Experience
Operations/Seat Build Experience
Attention to detail
Flexible to change
Problem Solving Skills
Specificity of the job
There may be requirements for travel within both the UK and the rest of the World.
Locate your future workplace
Kestrel House, Lakeside, Llantarnam NP44 3HQ
England United Kingdom
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 76,800 employees and sales of 15,3 billion euros in 2021 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and innovation roadmap.
Safran was ranked as the world's third best employer in its sector by Forbes magazine in 2021.
Safran Seats is a world leader in aircraft passenger and crew seats. One million seats made by the company are now in service worldwide.
- © Safran