SAFRAN SEATS IS A WORLD LEADER IN AIRCRAFT SEATING.
For more than 80 years, Safran Seats has been a premium manufacturer of First and Business Class seating systems for passenger airlines. With the largest seats portfolio of all seats suppliers, we pride ourselves on innovation, customization, quality and industrial design.
Safran Seats GB, based in Cwmbran, South Wales is a 100% owned subsidiary of Safran Seats and we currently have 800+ employees (across 3 sites in the UK- Cwmbran, Newport and Brackley).
Seats GB offers:
• Unique and High-end Quality products
• Market leader in Bespoke aircraft seating
• Passenger Experience Expertise
• In-house design studio and group Synergies
• Dedicated production line and Industrialisation facilities
• Bespoke capabilities
• Co-creation abilities
The Master Production Scheduler is responsible for the creation of the Master Production Schedule for all relevant items using the Sales & Operations Plan (S&OP) as the main input. They provide realistic production schedules that drive MRP demand throughout the supply chain.
- Creating, maintaining and updating the Master Production Schedule and manage top-level demand to ensure MRP requirements are cascaded accordingly through the company ERP system for all identified bottleneck resources.
- Ensure the accuracy of the Master Production Schedule, gaining authorisation for lead-time violations.
- Provide resource (Manpower, production lines, shifts) requirement plans to the Operations management team and align on load levelling targets.
- Facilitate weekly review with cross-functional stakeholders to check performance to plan and agree reschedule requirements
- Recommend feasible solutions to recover backlog or late supply chain enablement
- Conduct “what if” scenarios based on Programs or Leadership Team requests
- Contribute to the Business Unit Sales & Operations Planning Process
- Maintain KPIs (e.g MPS Adherence, Production Plan Performance, On Time Starts / On Time Finishes / Lead Time variability), carry out root cause analysis, and drive completion of corrective actions across the organisation.
- Ensure the Master Production Schedule fulfils the customer order book and is aligned to inventory and transport targets.
- Provide guidance on priorities to Production Control team.
- Understand the Safran Industrial Core Model (SCOUT) and drive action plans to ensure processes operate at the targeted maturity level for Master Production Scheduling.
- Lead and encourage process and systems improvement through Continuous Improvement methodologies, e.g. One Safran, Participative Innovation (PI) initiatives.
- Contribute to lean and improvement projects:
o Ensure that changes introduced are replicated within the processes and ERP system to ensure the effectiveness of planning parameters
o Ensure configuration management (updated articles, classifications and BOMs in ERP) and maintain the changes record sheet
MRP working knowledge
Capacity planning experience
Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationship
MRP System understanding (key user level), ideally BAAN or M3 experience
Ability to demonstrate technical understanding and enthusiasm
Ability to organise, prioritise and influence
Self-reliant, hardworking, proactive and self-motivated
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Data driven and good at dealing with data in principle
High Customer Focus
Do you want to join our team?
Our employees are at the heart of our success; we offer a range of competitive benefits, career progression and training opportunities helping to ensure we build the future.
At Safran Seats GB, we continue to support our employees and their contribution by providing a range of benefits.
• 25 days holiday + UK Bank Holidays
• Working Hours (unless specified) are 37.5 hours per week; Mon-Thurs (8am-4:30pm), Friday (8am-1:30pm)
• ‘On Board Benefits' Programme, providing a number of schemes such as cycle to work, technology savings, retail discounts and access to private healthcare
• Fulfilling your potential with Career Progressions opportunities such as company sponsorship and further training courses
• Family friendly policies including maternity, paternity, adoptive parents, shared parental leave, parental leave and flexible working
• Equality & Diversity initiatives with internal groups for workplace engagement and involvement
• STEM engagement with schools, colleges and universities and Charitable activities for all
• Free parking onsite
• With a focus on employee health and wellbeing, we have a large, canteen/break area with indoor and outdoor seating, bicycle storage and shower/changing facilities.
Specificity of the job
There is no regular travel required with this role.
Locate your future workplace
Kestrel House, Lakeside, Llantarnam NP44 3HQ
Wales United Kingdom