SAFRAN SEATS IS A WORLD LEADER IN AIRCRAFT SEATING.
For more than 80 years, Safran Seats has been a premium manufacturer of First and Business Class seating systems for passenger airlines.
With the largest seats portfolio of all seats suppliers, we pride ourselves on innovation, customization, quality and industrial design.
Safran Seats GB, based in Cwmbran, South Wales is a 100% owned subsidiary of Safran Seats and we currently have 800+ employees (across 3 sites in the UK- Cwmbran, Newport and Brackley).
Seats GB offers:
• Unique and High-end Quality products
• Market leader in Bespoke aircraft seating
• Passenger Experience Expertise
• In-house design studio and group Synergies
• Dedicated production line and Industrialisation facilities
• Bespoke capabilities
• Co-creation abilities
The Lead Senior Design Engineer role is seen as a planning and coordination authority, through knowledge, experience and exposure to high complexity category programmes. In this role, you will provide input and support to Project Chief Engineers.
Key Responsibilities & Duties;
• Planning and coordination of all design activities to ensure on time delivery.
• Provide support to Program chief engineers.
• Participate in all MER/Technical Audits
• Develop tools, processes and methods for delivery of design deliverables for project deadlines
• Reporting/forecasting of status and updating of KPI.
• Support ITCM, PDR and CDR when required.
• Audit Design engineering deliverables.
• Manage regular governance meetings to assign team tasks.
Experienced in leading and developing others, managing workload and resources across multiple programmes concurrently, ideally within the Aerospace industry. Also experienced in developing a robust process to monitor team productivity on a regular basis.
Qualified to a minimum of degree in a Mechanical / Aerospace / Structural Engineering field. Alternatively a HNC/HND or an equivalent qualification in Mechanical / Aerospace / Structural Engineering field, with extensive experience in mechanical systems design, developing concept and detailing engineering solutions.
Significant experience gained in project leadership capacity through a full programme lifecycle.
Highly Proficient with experience in Catia and PLM.
Strong ability to plan and schedule design activities across multiple design modules.
Effective communication skills. Able to clearly define expectations and gain understanding
Strong problem-solving ability to support on complex programmes
Good leadership skills to engage and motivate others
Ability to advise and influence across functions.
Do you want to join our team?
Our employees are at the heart of our success; we offer a range of competitive benefits, career progression and training opportunities helping to ensure we build the future.
At Safran Seats GB, we continue to support our employees and their contribution by providing a range of benefits.
• 25 days holiday + UK Bank Holidays
• Working Hours (unless specified) are 37.5 hours per week; Mon-Thurs (8am-4:30pm), Friday (8am-1:30pm)
• ‘On Board Benefits' Programme, providing a number of schemes such as cycle to work, technology savings, retail discounts and access to private healthcare
• Fulfilling your potential with Career Progressions opportunities such as company sponsorship and further training courses
• Family friendly policies including maternity, paternity, adoptive parents, shared parental leave, parental leave and flexible working
• Equality & Diversity initiatives with internal groups for workplace engagement and involvement
• STEM engagement with schools, colleges and universities and Charitable activities for all
• Free parking onsite
• With a focus on employee health and wellbeing, we have a large, canteen/break area with indoor and outdoor seating, bicycle storage and shower/changing facilities.
Specificity of the job
There is no regular travel required with this role.
Locate your future workplace
Kestrel House, Lakeside, Llantarnam NP44 3HQ
Wales United Kingdom