SAFRAN SEATS IS A WORLD LEADER IN AIRCRAFT SEATING.
For more than 80 years, Safran Seats has been a premium manufacturer of First and Business Class seating systems for passenger airlines. With the largest seats portfolio of all seats suppliers, we pride ourselves on innovation, customization, quality and industrial design.
Safran Seats GB, based in Cwmbran, South Wales is a 100% owned subsidiary of Safran Seats and we currently have 800+ employees (across 3 sites in the UK- Cwmbran, Newport and Brackley).
Seats GB offers:
• Unique and High-end Quality products
• Market leader in Bespoke aircraft seating
• Passenger Experience Expertise
• In-house design studio and group Synergies
• Dedicated production line and Industrialisation facilities
• Bespoke capabilities
• Co-creation abilities
The role of an Industrial Design Engineer is to aid with creating new product development within the First Class and Business Class markets, to a standard that entices and captivates new Airline customers. Working directly with customers and Engineering to evolve the design through to a manufactured state.
Directly supporting Sales and Programs with active involvement through each phase of the development process.
Key Duties & Responsibilities;
• Create new seating solutions based on sales, marketing and engineering inputs
• Participate in internal and external innovation competitions
• Generate innovative LOPA (2D drawings of cabin implementation)
• Analyze, breakdown and evaluate competition products or concepts
• Work with the architect and engineering team in order to create new product lines with a platform principle mindset (flexibility in X and Y axis of the plane, customization, airline branding…)
• Be responsible of preserving the design intent and the passenger experience
• Generation of high quality visuals (renderings, roughs…) of our products
• Support “co-creation” phases with airlines and/or a design agencies
• Present our products during tradeshows and/or at customer seat shows.
• Bring continuous support to programs by being the link between the airlines' marketing team and/or the design agency and our engineering department.
• Being the voice of the customer and championing for the end user experience.
• Propose ideas that have never been done in the industry while bringing value to either the seat maker, the airline or the passenger.
• File an invention disclosure when such idea is being found and to follow up with it until the patent is published or rejected by the patent review board.
• Capability to model quickly and precisely in CAD (3D)
• Generate high quality visuals (Photoshop, 3D renderings…)
• Present and to defend a project or a seat concept internally and externally (customers, suppliers, competitions…)
• Put together application files for design competitions
• Have a basic understanding of the industry business model and competitive landscape.
• Education : Degree in design
• Experience: 3+ years as industrial designer (design consultancy, transportation industry…)
• High modeling skills (Rhinoceros 3D preferred)
• High rendering skills (Blender preferred)
• Skilled user of MS office software (Powerpoint)
• Skilled at hand sketching
• High communication skills
• Ability to work autonomously
Do you want to join our team?
Our employees are at the heart of our success; we offer a range of competitive benefits, career progression and training opportunities helping to ensure we build the future.
At Safran Seats GB, we continue to support our employees and their contribution by providing a range of benefits.
• 25 days holiday + UK Bank Holidays
• Working Hours (unless specified) are 37.5 hours per week; Mon-Thurs (8am-4:30pm), Friday (8am-1:30pm)
• ‘On Board Benefits' Programme, providing a number of schemes such as cycle to work, technology savings, retail discounts and access to private healthcare
• Fulfilling your potential with Career Progressions opportunities such as company sponsorship and further training courses
• Family friendly policies including maternity, paternity, adoptive parents, shared parental leave, parental leave and flexible working
• Equality & Diversity initiatives with internal groups for workplace engagement and involvement
• STEM engagement with schools, colleges and universities and Charitable activities for all
• Free parking onsite
• With a focus on employee health and wellbeing, we have a large, canteen/break area with indoor and outdoor seating, bicycle storage and shower/changing facilities.
Specificity of the job
UK & international travel required
Locate your future workplace
Kestrel House, Lakeside, Llantarnam NP44 3HQ
Wales United Kingdom