SAFRAN SEATS IS A WORLD LEADER IN AIRCRAFT SEATING.
For more than 80 years, Safran Seats has been a premium manufacturer of First and Business Class seating systems for passenger airlines.
With the largest seats portfolio of all seats suppliers, we pride ourselves on innovation, customization, quality and industrial design.
Safran Seats GB, based in Cwmbran, South Wales is a 100% owned subsidiary of Safran Seats and we currently have 800+ employees (across 3 sites in the UK- Cwmbran, Newport and Brackley).
Seats GB offers:
• Unique and High-end Quality products
• Market leader in Bespoke aircraft seating
• Passenger Experience Expertise
• In-house design studio and group Synergies
• Dedicated production line and Industrialisation facilities
• Bespoke capabilities
• Co-creation abilities
This role is responsible for defining and executing the transport and warehousing strategy across the Safran Seats GB business building a robust, cost efficient and service oriented logistics operation.
Scope of Responsibilities
- Member of the Supply Chain leadership team
- Managing a team of 5 process leads across the two sites in Cwmbran and Newport overseeing the operation across the key process areas of Goods In, Kitting, Aftermarket Dispatch, Manufacturing Unit Stores and Final Assembly Line Dispatch
- Responsibility for all Inventory Management processes across stores areas
- Budget oversight for transport and packaging spent of in excess of 750k GBP
Key Responsibilities & Duties;
- Establish safety first culture within the Logistics team, responsible for H & S compliance for areas such as risk assessment, equipment maintenance, documented safe operating procedure, safe manual handling
- Developing engagement and empowerment at all levels within the Logistics team enabled through the build of skills within the team. Providing pace-setting leadership, encouraging boldness and ambition in our areas, ensuring there is clarity of role responsibility and performance expectations
- Oversee all warehouse functions to ensure business and functional KPI's are met
- Develop the Logistics budget, monitor and reporting regularly on forecasted spend, deviations and mitigations. Account management for preferred freight providers.
- Develop effective internal and external relationships, ensuring timely communication and a customer focus which meets the customers' needs and develop effective logistics structures
Experience & Qualifications;
• Working knowledge of logistics processes across warehouse management and transport planning including management of performance metrics
• Demonstrable knowledge of MRP
• Experience managing a 3PL contract
• Ability to lead and develop a team through coaching and authentic leadership
• Ability to communicate across all levels
• Ability to build good working relationships across department and with supplier & customer representatives
- Strong analytical skills and understanding of financial concepts combined with a continuous improvement mindset
- Communication Skills
- IT literacy in MS Office
- HSE leadership experience
- Change Management Skills
Specificity of the job
No Travel requirements (UK / International)
Locate your future workplace
Kestrel House, Lakeside, Llantarnam NP44 3HQ
England United Kingdom
- © Safran