SAFRAN SEATS IS A WORLD LEADER IN AIRCRAFT SEATING.
For more than 80 years, Safran Seats has been a premium manufacturer of First and Business Class seating systems for passenger airlines. With the largest seats portfolio of all seats suppliers, we pride ourselves on innovation, customization, quality and industrial design.
Safran Seats GB, based in Cwmbran, South Wales is a 100% owned subsidiary of Safran Seats and we currently have 800+ employees (across 3 sites in the UK- Cwmbran, Newport and Brackley).
Seats GB offers:
• Unique and High-end Quality products
• Market leader in Bespoke aircraft seating
• Passenger Experience Expertise
• In-house design studio and group Synergies
• Dedicated production line and Industrialisation facilities
• Bespoke capabilities
• Co-creation abilities
The role of Engineering Systems Technician is to act as the Focal point / system administrator for all changes to ERP (BaaN/M3) item data and manufactured / purchased Make v Buy decisions in line with the current manufacturing capabilities and Industrial strategy at Safran.
Key Responsibilities & Duties;
• In alignment with the Industrial strategy for the project, analysis of 3D model data to conduct the make v buy decision on new project item requirements
• Administrative control and management of ERP system item group settings for all manufactured and purchased items
• Administrative support for basic engineering functions within the ERP system, i.e., data input, dummy BOM's, cost price errors etc.
• MU focal for CCB / ECR meetings to minimise the risk and cost associated with product design changes
Understanding of ERP systems (BaaN/M3) or similar ERP experience.
Computer literate with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
Understanding of manufacturing capabilities and local product knowledge.
Decision making ability
Good communication & people skills
Self-motivated and ability to work on own initiative
Strong technical administration skills
Do you want to join our team?
Our employees are at the heart of our success; we offer a range of competitive benefits, career progression and training opportunities helping to ensure we build the future.
At Safran Seats GB, we continue to support our employees and their contribution by providing a range of benefits.
• 25 days holiday + UK Bank Holidays
• Working Hours (unless specified) are 37.5 hours per week; Mon-Thurs (8am-4:30pm), Friday (8am-1:30pm)
• ‘On Board Benefits' Programme, providing a number of schemes such as cycle to work, technology savings, retail discounts and access to private healthcare
• Fulfilling your potential with Career Progressions opportunities such as company sponsorship and further training courses
• Family friendly policies including maternity, paternity, adoptive parents, shared parental leave, parental leave and flexible working
• Equality & Diversity initiatives with internal groups for workplace engagement and involvement
• STEM engagement with schools, colleges and universities and Charitable activities for all
• Free parking onsite
• With a focus on employee health and wellbeing, we have a large, canteen/break area with indoor and outdoor seating, bicycle storage and shower/changing facilities.
Specificity of the job
There is no regular travel required with this role.
Locate your future workplace
Kestrel House, Lakeside, Llantarnam NP44 3HQ
Wales United Kingdom