Are you interested in working at the business end of Aerospace, where airline brand meets innovative passenger experience? Then your next opportunity could be with Safran Seats, an industry award winning, premium designer and manufacturer of First and Business Class seating and technology. Our passenger experience prides itself on innovation, customisation, quality and industrial design.
At Safran Seats, we are unique within aerospace, as we interface with both the world's biggest airlines and airframers alike, with the largest seats portfolio of all seats suppliers. One day you could be liaising with one of the world's largest airframers, and the next, some of the biggest airline brands around the world!
In the UK, Safran Seats specialises solely in the First Class and Business Class seating markets for wide body aircraft, with industrial and engineering teams in Cwmbran and Newport, Wales and Brackley, England.
Due to a restructure within the organisation and development of the engineering team currently in situ, we are recruiting for a number of Engineering Project Leads. This role is a senior and key role at Safran Seats, requiring an excellent project manager and a real problem solver - a go-to natural leader in the team. A strong communicator with the ability to converse at all levels is essential to succeed.
Managing across a functional matrix structure within the Technical Domain of the business, your responsibility is focused on effective planning and execution of engineering projects to meet or exceed the agreed performance metrics. You will be the Technical focal point for the project under your responsibility, across the entire business and also Customer and Airframer facing.
Your Key Responsibilities & Duties include;
• Supporting the development of project plans, schedules and budgets
• Tracking progress of project tasks across multi-functional engineering teams
• Resolving schedule conflict and developing technical solutions with inputs from the Technical Functional teams, ensuring high levels of quality deliverables
• Providing a clear project status both internally and to the customer
• Tracking performance against budget for NRC and RC
• Ensuring effective management of large work packages across the group business units or with partners
• Liaising with the customer to present technical solutions and their impact on programme schedule
• Collating inputs to generate and maintain customer product specifications, creating and maintaining coherent work breakdown structures
• Managing technical requirements relevant to your project scope, through a systems engineering approach, tracking technical changes
• Participating in Design Reviews throughout each phase of the New Product Introduction process
• Delivering the engineering requirements in support of the business gated processes
Our in-house design studio co-creates the most innovative experiences in the sky with our airline customers and partners. Our dedicated engineering, production and in-service support facilities are integral to delivering a high-end quality product that we keep flying throughout the life of programme. We are ably supported by a wide team of support functions, from HR to Finance, to Business Development and Planning and Logistics, our team is built to give Safran Seats an end-to-end capability in house in the UK.
We focus on:
These are our four People Fundamentals that underpin everything we do at Safran:
• We believe in and fostering the conditions for diversity and inclusion to thrive
• We develop our colleagues skills and build opportunities so you can shape our future
• We create a trustworthy work place to support you, as you dare to act and innovate
• We encourage collaboration and mutual support between you and your colleagues
So you'll be supported every step of the way!
Our people are at the heart of our success, as we work together to achieve our mission: contributing to a safer and more sustainable aviation. We are tackling the biggest challenges in aerospace, with a commitment to work to decarbonise the industry by 2050.
As part of the Safran Group, across our businesses we are market leaders in aerospace, defence and space; there is always potential for future mobility internationally.
• HNC/HND within a related Engineering discipline is essential
• Previous experience managing multi-functional teams including within a remote working setting
• A good understanding of the certification framework within which the work is undertaken, preferably with some knowledge of Aircraft Interiors
• An awareness of configuration management principles and change management processes
• Experienced in preparation of business cases or bids for new programmes including Technical specification preparation desirable
• An understanding of financial management within a new product development environment, dealing with different categories of costs that are both internal and external to the business
• Product development and associated processes
Nice to have;
• Engineering Degree within an Aerospace related discipline desirable
No candidate will meet every single desired qualification. If your experience looks a little different from what we have identified and you think you can bring value to the role, we would love to hear from you!
Company Benefits include;
• Working Hours (unless specified) are 37.5 hours per week; Mon-Thurs (8am-4:30pm), Friday (8am-1:30pm)
• We keep Friday as an early finish, helping you maintain a positive work life balance
• 25 days holiday + UK Bank Holidays
• Charity and Wellbeing – Our Charity and Wellbeing Committee focus on doing the right thing in the community supporting local charities, partners, providing volunteering opportunities and promoting positive wellbeing. Our comprehensive Wellbeing Strategy is award winning as recognised in 2023 by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD)!
• Discounts and benefits - Our employee benefits portal offers a huge range of discounts on retail, technology products, household appliances, a cycle to work scheme and much more!
• Development - Career progression opportunities such as company sponsorship and further training courses
• Family friendly policies - including maternity, paternity, adoptive parents, shared parental leave, parental leave and flexible working
• Equality & Diversity initiatives - with internal groups for workplace engagement and involvement
• STEM engagement opportunities - with schools, colleges and universities
To apply, please submit your CV and we will be in touch once reviewed.
We want Safran Seats to be a workplace where everyone feels valued, can be themselves and know they can reach their full potential. We embrace and celebrate our differences through various initiatives and support colleagues through a number of staff networks.
We're committed to building a strong, diverse workforce where different ideas and perspectives are valued; making Safran Seats an inclusive and innovative place to work.
Specificity of the job
The role is based in Cwmbran, Wales and occasional travel will be required including to international locations (suppliers, customers and other Safran sites)
Locate your future workplace
Kestrel House, Lakeside, Llantarnam NP44 3HQ
Wales United Kingdom