SAFRAN SEATS IS A WORLD LEADER IN AIRCRAFT SEATING.
For more than 80 years, Safran Seats has been a premium manufacturer of First and Business Class seating systems for passenger airlines. With the largest seats portfolio of all seats suppliers, we pride ourselves on innovation, customization, quality and industrial design.
Safran Seats GB, based in Cwmbran, South Wales is a 100% owned subsidiary of Safran Seats and we currently have 800+ employees (across 3 sites in the UK- Cwmbran, Newport and Brackley).
Seats GB offers:
• Unique and High-end Quality products
• Market leader in Bespoke aircraft seating
• Passenger Experience Expertise
At Safran, we offer lasting career opportunities and have adopted a hybrid working model (where possible) throughout the business. With an early finish on Friday, we recognise how important it is to maintain a healthy work / life balance. We are proud of the high profile customers we partner with and the portfolio of exciting projects we consistently work on, delivering nothing less than outstanding results. This is through the investment in not only the technology that we use, but our people and the world class training and development we provide.
An Engineering Project Lead is a senior and key role at Safran. It requires an excellent project manager and a real problem solver - a go-to natural leader in the team. A strong communicator with the ability to converse at all levels is essential to succeed.
Managing across a functional matrix structure within the Technical Domain of the business, your responsibility is focused on effective planning and execution of engineering projects to meet or exceed the agreed performance metrics. You will be the Technical focal point for the project under your responsibility for the Customer, Airframer and across the entire business.
Your key responsibilities include:
- Effective planning and execution of engineering projects through design, product development, testing, airworthiness, production (support) and delivery
- Supporting the Integrated Project Team in identifying project risk, mitigation actions and contingency plans
- Supporting the development of project plans, schedules and budgets
- Tracking progress of project tasks across multi-functional engineering teams
- Resolving schedule conflict and developing technical solutions with inputs from the Technical Functional teams, ensuring high levels of quality deliverables
- Providing a clear project status both internally and to the customer
- Tracking performance against budget for costs
Qualifications & Experience;
- HNC/HND within a related Engineering discipline is essential
- Engineering Degree within an Aerospace related discipline desirable
- Previous experience managing multi-functional teams including within a remote working setting
- A good understanding of the certification framework within which the work is undertaken, preferably with some knowledge of Aircraft Interiors
- An awareness of configuration management principles and change management processes
- Experienced in preparation of business cases or bids for new programmes including Technical specification preparation desirable
- An understanding of financial management within a new product development environment, dealing with different categories of costs that are both internal and external to the business
- Product development and associated processes
- Systems Engineering (Requirements Engineering, MBSE, Functional design)
- Mechanical, electrical and systems design
Do you want to join our team?
Our employees are at the heart of our success; we offer a range of competitive benefits, career progression and training opportunities helping to ensure we build the future.
At Safran Seats GB, we continue to support our employees and their contribution by providing a range of benefits.
• 25 days holiday + UK Bank Holidays
• Working Hours (unless specified) are 37.5 hours per week; Mon-Thurs (8am-4:30pm), Friday (8am-1:30pm)
• ‘On Board Benefits' Programme, providing a number of schemes such as cycle to work, technology savings, retail discounts and access to private healthcare
• Contribution based pension scheme with the option to opt out
• Free on-site parking
• On site subsidised restaurant, serving a fine selection of hot and cold food, to suit all tastes
Specificity of the job
The role is based in Cwmbran, Wales and occasional travel will be required including to international locations (customers, airframes, suppliers and other Safran sites).
Locate your future workplace
Kestrel House, Lakeside, Llantarnam NP44 3HQ
Wales United Kingdom
- © Safran