SAFRAN SEATS IS A WORLD LEADER IN AIRCRAFT SEATING.
For more than 80 years, Safran Seats has been a premium manufacturer of First and Business Class seating systems for passenger airlines.
With the largest seats portfolio of all seats suppliers, we pride ourselves on innovation, customization, quality and industrial design.
Safran Seats GB, based in Cwmbran, South Wales is a 100% owned subsidiary of Safran Seats and we currently have 800+ employees (across 3 sites in the UK- Cwmbran, Newport and Brackley).
Seats GB offers:
• Unique and High-end Quality products
• Market leader in Bespoke aircraft seating
• Passenger Experience Expertise
• In-house design studio and group Synergies
• Dedicated production line and Industrialisation facilities
• Bespoke capabilities
• Co-creation abilities
This role consists of offline CNC programming using a variety of CAD packages to create CNC programs to support production over a number manufacturing departments. Support production through the NPI process ensuring a robust repeatable manufacturing process is achieved, on time to the customer's standards and cost expectations. Support continues improvements activities at a shop floor level and at a pre-production product design level. Support production activities on the shop floor when needed while ensuring a good standard of 5S+1 is maintained in all working areas, and health and safety standards are being adhered to at all times.
Key Responsibilities & Duties;
• Create right first time CNC programs from model data using CAD Cam software packages to support production.
• Create setter documents using Microsoft excel and word to aid the setting and operating of production machinery.
• Raise tooling and material requirements with manufacturing engineering to support production.
• Maintain and update program libraries and records in line with company standards.
• Design JFT's, jigs and fixtures to aid manufacturing.
• Support manufacturing and design engineers through product design reviews.
• Support production with machining method issues and geometry queries.
• Support the programming team through cross-functional training in line with departments training matrix requirements.
• Support production where needed through the setting and operating of production machinery in line with business needs.
• Support the business in other areas outside of your day-to-day actives in line with business requirements.
• Implement and maintain a safe environment for employees and immediately raise Health & Safety concerns to management in compliance with the Company Health & Safety procedure
Hours of work for this role are on a double day shift, rotating weekly;
Monday to Thursday; 6am-2.30pm Friday; 6am-12pm midday
Monday to Thursday; 2.30pm-11pm Friday 12pm midday-6pm
Minimum NVQ Level 2+3 Mechanical Engineering
Minimum B-Tec National Diploma Mechanical Engineering
Time Served / Experience in Using CAD Cam Software Packages:
• Trumpf TruTops
Time Served / Experience In a Production Environment:
• Sheet Metal
• Machine Shop 3 / 4 / 5 Axis Machines
• Vac Form CNC Routeing
• Composite CNC Routeing
Engineering / Mechanical Background
Conversant With Engineering Documents And Drawings
Excellent Interpersonal Skills
High Attention To Details
Able To Build Strong Working Relationships
Positive Can Do Attitude
Ability To Work Without Supervision In A Multi-Functional Team
Do you want to join our team?
Our employees are at the heart of our success; we offer a range of competitive benefits, career progression and training opportunities helping to ensure we build the future.
At Safran Seats GB, we continue to support our employees and their contribution by providing a range of benefits.
• 25 days holiday + UK Bank Holidays
• Working Hours (unless specified) are 37.5 hours per week; Mon-Thurs (8am-4:30pm), Friday (8am-1:30pm)
• ‘On Board Benefits' Programme, providing a number of schemes such as cycle to work, technology savings, retail discounts and access to private healthcare
• Fulfilling your potential with Career Progressions opportunities such as company sponsorship and further training courses
• Family friendly policies including maternity, paternity, adoptive parents, shared parental leave, parental leave and flexible working
• Equality & Diversity initiatives with internal groups for workplace engagement and involvement
• STEM engagement with schools, colleges and universities and Charitable activities for all
• Free parking onsite
• With a focus on employee health and wellbeing, we have a large, canteen/break area with indoor and outdoor seating, bicycle storage and shower/changing facilities.
Specificity of the job
There is no regular travel required with this role
Locate your future workplace
Kestrel House, Lakeside, Llantarnam NP44 3HQ
Wales United Kingdom