Responsible for the procurement and manufacture of tooling for new products introduction and sustaining existing product lines at both component and assembly level. Ensures component and assembly is manufactured, installed and commissioned to support lead-time models for all programs
Time served tooling engineer, CATIA V5 trained ideally from an aerospace environment, working in design and supply of tooling.
• Support with preparation of tooling project plans , monitoring & update
• Implementation of tool design & modelling, from subcontractor new / modifications onto Safran systems (also reverse engineering)
• Supply tooling data to other SAFRAN departments to assist in their investigations
• Supply of technical data to subcontract design & manufactures to ensure compliance with scope of work
• Ensure all tooling models & drawings are stored & updated as required
• Ensure all tooling data in SAP to correspond with calibration data
• Regulatory compliance of tooling / handling equipment to current SHE regulations
• Management of supplier, including sub-contractors working onsite
• Manage engineering design DCR's for specific projects
• Provide complete tooling solution from requirement to 1st off managing all stages of the project
Key Relationships / Stakeholders
• Working directly with the Tooling manager and tooling support team
• Working as part as a team within the tooling wider in-directs team to achieve difficult timescales
• Working with manufacturing engineers and program managers to translate their requirements into a tooling design or modification
Specificity of the job
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 76,800 employees and sales of 15,3 billion euros in 2021 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and innovation roadmap.
Safran was ranked as the world's third best employer in its sector by Forbes magazine in 2021.
Safran Nacelles is a world leader for aircraft nacelles and an active player in after-market services, with 23,000 products in service, and 145,000 daily flight hours. The company is active in all segments of the market, from regional jets and corporate aircraft to the largest airliners.
- © Safran