Conduct inspection activities (such as measuring, examining, gauging …) on products, processes and documentation. Comparing these with specified requirements to determine conformity and accurately record the results of these inspection activities.
Identify and record non-compliance to specified requirements and take all actions necessary to contain affected products.
Report any Quality concerns or trends with a “Stop at First Defect” mind-set and be an ambassador of this approach within the business.
Support QN eradication projects as required.
Ensure all delivered products conform to specified requirements.
• Our standard working hours are 37 hours per week on either a 4.5 day working week, depending on the Assembly line
• There are opportunities to work overtime, depending on business need, paid at 1.5x rate Monday – Saturday and 2x rate Sunday
• We work a night shift in some areas of the business which attracts a 30% premium over our standard rate
• We offer an industry leading pension scheme where will pay 2 times you contributions, up to a max company contribution of 10%
• We offer 25 days holiday plus 8 UK Bank holidays
• We provide a subsidised restaurant, free onsite parking, secure cycle storage and shower / changing facilities
• We have share purchase, cycle to work, & retail discount schemes
We are fully committed to equality and diversity and therefore welcome interest in this role from a broad range of applicants.
- Time served apprenticeship in a manufacturing industry
- Experience & capable of reading & understanding engineering drawings and specifications
- Capability to perform & interpret visual & dimensional inspections using the appropriate equipment
- Capability to check and complete Inspection & Quality reports & documents eg First Article / PVI / PPAP, Batch Cards, Quality Notifications, Snag data, etc)
- Meet the minimum requirements for visual acuity with or without correction
Specificity of the job
Safran Nacelles is a leader in the worldwide nacelle market for aircraft engines. We use our unrivalled technological expertise to integrate all nacelle components in order to optimise the performance of aircraft propulsion systems. We continually strive to make our products lighter, quieter, smarter and easier to maintain.
We are responsible for the design, development and manufacture of nacelles for a range of aircrafts. A nacelle is a housing, separate from the fuselage that holds engines, fuel, or equipment on an aircraft. Our UK site in Burnley is also a worldwide centre of excellence for business jet nacelles, which have been designed and manufactured on the site for nearly 20 years. This site plays a critical role in manufacturing for Safran Nacelles, alongside our sister sites in Le Havre and Morocco.
We are one of the largest private sector employers in the area with over 600 people. We have three factories - one specialising in composites, one in sheet metal components, and one in assemblies. These factories use the most cutting-edge technology; including four clean rooms, 5-axis computer numerical control (CNC) routing, ultrasonic non-destructive testing (NDT) and four autoclaves. Since 2011 we have hired 87 apprentices as part of a programme with Burnley College and have recently relaunched our graduate programme, which we developed in partnership with the other Safran sites across the UK.