As a member of Engineering Department at Safran Aerosystems Services UK, the Repair Process Engineer is responsible for contributing to the company's strategic direction and overseeing workshop support of facility management, tooling, documentation and calibration services within the business
• Maintain documentation, tooling calibration up to date.
• Participate with facilities and engineering department audit actions, implement corrective and preventive actions to support production in a continuous improvement way
• Support Engineering department in deploying various projects and supporting with furthering business development.
• Supporting facilities management, complete relevant administration and organizing third party contractors
• Maintaining internal engineering databases and systems
• Supporting the introduction of new aircraft repair capabilities and technical development.
• Design and writing of internal repair instructions.
• Implementation of specialized tools and test benches.
• Management of the daily technical support to workshops, collecting out of date documentation and updating as appropriate.
NB: please note that the above duties do not represent all of the duties that the jobholder may be asked and expected to undertake. They may be expected to undertake other tasks as long as they fall within the broad remit of the job.
• Relevant qualification in Engineering sector
• Facilities, planning and maintenance
• Support services
• Project planning
• Setting up processes of strong controls, reviewing accounting processes and processes on an ongoing basis
• Good level in Microsoft tools Good standard in information systems.
• Able to plan and monitor changing workloads
• Good communication skills, able to communicate effectively across all levels of the business
• Able to operate and influence at Management level
• Confident self-starter, able to work independently and as part of a team
• Pro-active approach to work
• Willing to undertake further training to fulfil the requirements of the role (in and out of the UK)
• Available of travelling overseas for meetings or training.
• Graduate degree or similar (BA (Hons) Engineering / Science)
• Experience with MRO facility Civil/Military capabilities.
• Experience in Aerospace industry or Maintenance Repair Overhaul facility.
• Some audit experience would be beneficial
• Experience working within a LEAN methodology facility
• Knowledge of HTML, CSS, SQL, VBA, PHP.
• Knowledge of CMMs, SB, SIL, AMM, AD's, CAA/EASA documents
• Have a strong commercial instinct, capable of supporting the business on engineering decisions including procurement and documentation.
• French language (spoken & written)
Specificity of the job
Locate your future workplace
Unit 610, Avenue West Skyline 120 CM77 7AA
England United Kingdom
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 76,800 employees and sales of 15,3 billion euros in 2021 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and innovation roadmap.
Safran was ranked as the world's third best employer in its sector by Forbes magazine in 2021.
Safran Aerosystems is a world leader in evacuation slides and oxygen systems. It is also a major supplier of safety systems, as well as fluid systems for airplanes and helicopters.
- © Safran