• Reporting to Engineering Division EVP, the Director's objectives and missions are:
• Ensuring that all engineering projects, initiatives, and processes are in conformity with the organization's established policies and objectives.
• Utilize best practice engineering methods to provide expert technical guidance for engineering initiatives.
o Works with Engineering, Certification and Industrialization management to develop creative solutions to most effectively support all related work, by efficiently working with tools, systems and procedures.
o Works closely with Engineering, Certification and Industrialization management to establishing and operating goals to set performance metrics, measure ongoing and hold teams accountable
o Monitor reliability and performance of all internal systems to suggest improvements
o Ensure compliance with security regulations
o Manage and develop projects by setting requirements, goals and timelines
o Prepare and manage the engineering department's budget
o Design strategies for future development projects based on the company's overall objectives and resources
o Implement innovative technologies
o Review and update policies relevant to internal systems and equipment
o Organize and manage projects, making detailed plans that work towards the fulfillment of a set objective
o Examine technology, organizational resources and the demands of the market in order to plan or give procedures for projects which are practicable or possible
o Manage the installation, testing, operation, and repair of facilities and equipment, making sure they are executed by the personnel responsible
o Direct, evaluate, and confirm product design and changes
o Supervise the development and maintenance of staff abilities and suitability in the organization
o Set scientific and technical goals in the confines of the organization with the aid of management
o Setup schemes or designs, and also elaborate reports and results to customer
o Develop and implement policies, standards, and procedures for the engineering and technical work performed in the organization
o Perform administrative functions such as evaluating and writing reports, approving expenditures concerning projects.
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering/ in Aerospace, Mechanical Engineering, and Industrial engineering any related field.
• 15+ years of experience in Engineering function in an aviation manufacturing environment.
• Knowledge of the group, its management system, processes and organizations
• Knowledge of an industrial entity processes and operations
• Knowledge of the leverage of change management in complex organizations
• Knowledge of the basics in terms of techno-economic management and performance management
• Proficiency in the use of common software packages including MS Office suite - Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint
• SOLID WORKS and/or AUTOCAD
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 79,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2020 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap. Safran ranks first in Forbes's 2020 list of the World's Best Employers for its sector. Safran Cabin is a world leader in fully integrated Cabin Interiors, Catering Systems and Cargo Equipment.
11.05.2021 R&D Technical Direction
Configuration Management Engineer