Today, we all find ourselves in a contradiction: the world is changing at an incredible speed and at the same time the need for safety is deeply rooted in each of us – regardless of where we live. It's good that there are forces that provide more security and stability in a changing world. As Safran Vectronix, we support these forces in their mission and make it our own: Dedicated to providing solutions to raise mission intelligence and mission safety, we are recognized as a global leader in state-of-the-art optronic equipment for military, systems, and sensors for military and civil applications. With 100 years of Swiss tradition and excellence we serve customers in more than 90 countries.
We bring our company values to life, and see Empowerment, Walk the Talk, Customer Focus, Team and Agility as the foundation of our daily work. If you share the same vision as us, we look forward to receiving your application for:
Software Engineer (f/m/d)
Your main tasks will include:
- Development of embedded software for next generation of distance and geo-positioning sensors
- Ensuring software quality by automated testing from unit to system level (GoogleTest and Robot Framework)
- Technical lead of software projects and contribution to software architecture
- Writing documentation for your software, various technical documents and guidelines
- You will be working with highly skilled colleagues in interdisciplinary agile software development teams and cross-functional development teams
- Close collaboration with product owners, testing team, quality assurance and production
- University degree (Bachelor or Master) in computer sciences or electrical engineering with 5 years of relevant experience
- Development skills in embedded C++ combined with a problem solving mindset
- You are familiar with automated testing as well as testing equipment such as oscilloscopes, power meters and signal generators
- Ideally you have also experience with Python, or Embedded Linux
- Experience in a high-tech industrial environment with safety critical software, combined with complex problem solving skills
- You appreciate working in a team, have a pro-active approach to work, are self-motivated and flexible, are able to prioritize and want to build great products
Sander Lapiere, Head of Software Development, will be pleased to provide any further information you may require. [email protected]
We work in agile development teams on challenging research and development projects and have an open and diverse culture. This position is based at Safran Vectronix, located in Heerbrugg (Switzerland).
We look forward to receiving your application!
Locate your future workplace
Max-Schmidheiny-Strasse 202 9435