Today, we all find ourselves in a contradiction: the world is changing at an incredible speed and at the same time the need for safety is deeply rooted in each of us – regardless of where we live. It's good that there are forces that provide more security and stability in a changing world. As Safran Vectronix, we support these forces in their mission and make it our own: Dedicated to providing solutions to raise mission intelligence and mission safety, we are recognized as a global leader in state-of-the-art optronic equipment for military, systems, and sensors for military and civil applications. With 100 years of Swiss tradition and excellence we serve customers in more than 90 countries.
We bring our company values to life, and see Empowerment, Walk the Talk, Customer Focus, Team and Agility as the foundation of our daily work. If you share the same vision as us, we look forward to receiving your application for:
DevOps Engineer with a taste for test automation (f/m/d)
YOU WILL BE AN INTEGRAL PART OF OUR SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT TEAM, WHERE YOUR MAIN TASKS WILL INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Design and optimize CI/CD processes including automated build, test and software releases
• Configure, integrate and maintain GitLab, including CI/CD toolchain
• Maintain, update and improve software development infrastructure consisting of Linux servers and workstations using Ansible
• Support the SW team with troubleshooting build and test failures
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES NEEDED FOR THIS POSITION:
• Bachelor degree in Computer science or related field, or relevant experience
• Experience with Linux (server) administration, including the use of Ansible
• Proficiency with scripting (for example Python) and command line tools
• Experience with CI processes and toolchain
• Experience with GitLab for version control and as CI system
• Strong communication skills and fluency in English; German is a plus
• An open-minded, communicative and proactive personality
• Preferably also experience with embedded software development (C++) or automated system testing
We work in agile development teams on challenging research and development projects and have an
open and diverse culture. This position is based at Safran Vectronix, located in Heerbrugg (Switzerland).
We look forward to receiving your application!
Apply now: career.safran-vectronix.com
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 76,800 employees and sales of 15,3 billion euros in 2021 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and innovation roadmap.
Safran was ranked as the world's third best employer in its sector by Forbes magazine in 2021.
Safran Electronics & Defense is a world leader in the supply of solutions and services in optronics, avionics, electronics and critical software for both civil and military markets. The company equips more than 1,000 ships, 25,000 land vehicles and 10,000 aircraft worldwide.
- © Safran