1) Occupational Summary:
To ensure the successful execution of all aftermarket opportunities and technical support issues to meet our customer expectations and the Company's business objectives.
2) Duties and Responsibilities (essential functions):
• To ensure the successful delivery of any technical or commercial projects including TCSA/Cabin Care/Stock Mgmt, to fully meet the customers' expectations and the Company's business objectives.
• To lead the progress of any technical/engineering project including any product improvement ensuring it is executed to a defined process, on time and on budget.
• Be the customer's escalation point to manage any trouble shooting/resolution actions.
• Develop effective working relationships with the customers and within internal functions.
• Creation of commercial proposals using functional leads and executing a coherent plan to deliver any identified opportunity.
• Conduct customer reviews and obtain a formal feedback pack to ensure any technical/commercial issue is resolved, the airline perception is a positive one and any further opportunities are formalized.
• Provide to the customer regular rolling progress reports on any project and schedule performance of key work packages.
• Set-up comprehensive and structured management and KPI reviews and drive contractual compliance and improvement actions to meet targeted financial and operational performance.
• Clear accountability for managing and communicating all aftermarket inputs and actions for any project and program within each of the Prompt (gateway) toll gates including Entry into Service.
• To effectively manage any potential impact to Engineering Change Requests (ECR's).
• To effectively manage any identified Program risks and resolutions including any obsolescence incurred or potential obsolescence.
• Extensive demonstrable experience of programme management in an aerospace or similarly highly engineered product environment
• Commercially astute with a proven track record of delivering complex and high value projects.
• Exceptional business and commercial awareness
• Polished and persuasive written and verbal communication skills
• Confident, with the ability to work and liaise within the industry, up to and including Executive level
• Strong leadership skills with the ability to develop, support and motivate others to perform beyond their own level of expectation
• Solid organization skills with the ability to plan and consistently achieve challenging deadlines
• Tenacious, determined and motivated by achievement of targets
• Ability to work under pressure with challenging timescales in a fast paced environment
• Champions a continuous improvement mindset
• Ambitious, resourceful and driven to succeed
• Competent user of MS Office packages, including MS Excel and Project
• Full Driving licence holder
Specificity of the job
• Flexibility and willingness to travel oversees for extended durations and at short notice
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 79,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2020 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap. Safran ranks first in Forbes's 2020 list of the World's Best Employers for its sector. Safran Seats is a world leader in aircraft passenger and crew seats. One million seats made by the company are now in service worldwide.