You are accountable for a portfolio of a strategic supplier in Singapore. You are in charge of monitoring the progress of engine parts sent for repair at these suppliers site and making sure supplier sends back repaired parts within contractual time. Your objective is to achieve a 95% on-time-delivery. You interact with your supplier on a daily basis (phone & emails).
Your internal customers are subsidiaries of Safran Aircraft Engines company located in France (Châtellerault, Villaroche, Saint-Quentin), Mexico (Queretaro), Morocco (Casablanca) and Belgium (Brussels). You interact with your internal customers on a daily basis (per phone & emails) to make sure to match their needs. Your objective is to make sure that repaired parts come back within their needed dates in order to fit the engine re-assembly schedules.
MRO Procurement Leader is a new function launched in 2022. You will show flexibility and proactivity, as your position may get adjusted over time return on experience. You will train future MRO Procurement Leaders who will join the team. You will share your expertise and best practices with the rest of MRO Procurement teams in Europe, Americas and Singapore. You will also get to lead improvement actions to lead on behalf of the whole function.
Due to the volume of your portfolio, you will manage MRO Procurement Executive who will assist you in order processing.
• Centralizing all repair orders initiated by local supply chains and detecting any transportation issues
• Closely tracking on-time inspection results
• Participate to daily team QRQC and lead actions taken during QRQC (taking place twice a week in the evening Singapore time)
• Making sure suppliers commit to end repair dates and tracking that suppliers are well on target to deliver parts against their commitments
• Knowing supplier purchasing agreement specifics and challenge suppliers to honor their contractual obligations
• Notify your internal customer if some delivery commitments do not match with the engine re-assembly start date and work out on a solution
• Notify local supply chain if there is a capacity constraint at a supplier site and providing prioritization to supplier(s)
• Maintain a close relationship with your supplier contacts at all organization levels
• Customer orientation to match local supply chain needs
• Detect any deviation in supplier logistics performance and propose improvement actions, coordinate with your supplier team contacts to implement actions with supplier or internally (buyer, supplier performance manager, supplier quality engineer, supplier engineering)
• Travel to major suppliers in your portfolio (20% of your time)
• Lead transversally MRO Procurement Executive
•1 month training in our headquarter in France at job beginning
• Business trips to France twice per year
• Technical skills on engine & engine parts architecture & parts repair is a plus
• Reactivity & customer orientation
• Strong work experience with a supplier
• Assertiveness with regards to your supplier
• Candidate can prove an international work experience (multicultural context)
• Candidate passed CPIM Part 1 certification
• Candidate masters PowerBi & VBA
• Proactivity once a problem is detected
• Fluent in French to communicate with internal customers who do not understand English or show willingness to become fluent in French with intensive training courses in a short amount of time.
Education and Experience:
•Master's Degree is preferable
• More than 4 years of relevant experience
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 76,800 employees and sales of 15,3 billion euros in 2021 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and innovation roadmap.
Safran was ranked as the world's third best employer in its sector by Forbes magazine in 2021.
- © Safran