• Develop requests for quotations, analyze supplier responses, negotiate according to overall strategy and implement supplier business contracts for regional and national indirect commodities.
• Collaborate with Safran Purchasing (worldwide) teams to implement purchasing strategies.
• Define a Local Target Purchasing Strategy for the commodities in charge
• Develop road map through analyzing the spend and identifying cost reduction opportunities.
• Ensure productivity reporting (savings) in Safran Purchasing tools.
• Ensure all Purchase Orders are processed in a timely manner and at the best price available to meet the requester‘s time frames.
• Resolve issues concerning delivery delays, damaged goods, incorrect merchandise, or problems in billing and payment as necessary.
• Establish records and review documents for compliance with purchasing criteria.
• Coordinate delivery schedules with internal teams, including long lead purchases.
• Ensure that purchases are cost-effective and meet quality requirements.
• Monitor the performance of supplier to ensure continued quality and timely shipments.
• Drive improvements on delivery, cost, and quality of materials from suppliers.
• Collaborate and communicate with internal stakeholders such as Finance, Internal Control, Supply chain, Planning, Quality, Production, Engineering teams to drive successfully purchasing projects.
• Collaborate on the integration on new entities in the scope of Safran Purchasing
• Targeted and achieved savings
• Completeness and accuracy of purchasing reporting in the common tool
• Turnaround time for RFQ, PR, PO
• Internal customer satisfaction feedback
• Detailed and possess Organizational and prioritization skills to manage multiple tasks and concurrent projects simultaneously.
• Strong interpersonal skills to develop good working relationships with suppliers and internal customers. Ability to adopt a win-win approach to negotiation.
• Self-started individual able to work both independently and with a team, within a process driven environment.
• Ability to adopt a corporate perspective.
• Job Knowledge and Expertise
• Demonstrate knowledge of the procurement and supply chain industry
• Have computer skills in Microsoft Office: Excel, Word & Outlook
• Knowledge of ERP systems such as SAP is a plus
• Knowledge of English language
• Technical knowledge or Engineering background is a plus
• Customer Orientation
• Seek to understand customer needs and expectations; understand and deliver customer value; promote open and frequent communications with management, suppliers and customers; and develop partnerships.
• Analyze a cost breakdown and Total Cost Ownership
Education and Experience:
• Diploma or Bachelors Degree in Purchasing or equivalent experience
• Preferably with aviation experience
• Minimum three years' experience in a buyer position
Locate your future workplace
26 Changi North Rise 498756
26 Changi North Rise 498756
- © Safran