The purpose of the Customer Support Manager is to:
• Represent Safran Helicopter Engines UK towards its Industrial customers, and by providing excellent customer support, pursue sales opportunities with those customers in order to drive sustainable sales growth.
• Ensure that Safran Helicopter Engines UK customers receive outstanding support and that their needs are met on time in full.
• Liaise with internal team in order to ensure that customer orders are fully understood and accepted and properly resourced.
Manage a dedicated customer portfolio, by:
• Ensuring customer satisfaction (act as the voice of the customer).
• Customer engagement, including travel to OEMs and MROs in order to build strong relationships for future growth.
• Defining the customer strategy through Roadmaps and Key Account Plans.
• Setting budgets and forecasts for Safran Helicopter Engines UK 5-Year Plan.
• Creating commercial proposals and coordinating the offer review process.
• Negotiating new and expiring contracts ensuring that all amendments are made on time.
• Negotiating logistical framework agreements with Safran internal customers.
• Managing customers' credit limit.
• Managing Safran Helicopter Engines UK order book and coordinating the monthly SIOP process.
• Maintaining the Monthly / Yearly Sales Forecast.
• Building market position by locating, developing, defining, and closing business relationships.
• Researching industry and related events, publications, and announcements to identify opportunities.
• Examining risks and potentials for opportunities and making appropriate recommendations.
• Developing and negotiating contracts; and integrating contract requirements with business operations.
• Managing the opportunities ‘funnel'.
• Building/maintaining relationships with new and existing customers.
• Submitting weekly report.
o Customer management experience in a manufacturing environment (must have)
o Commercial negotiation in a business to business context (must have)
o Aerospace industry and associated regulatory and quality environment (desired)
o Aviation Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul (desired)
o UK MOD contract management (an advantage)
o Customer credit management (an advantage)
o French language (not essential)
o Commercial business to business contracts including contractual terms and conditions (desired)
o Managing bids and RFQs / RFPs
o Customer engagement
o General IT ECDL Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Power BI, SharePoint)
o Motivation for sales
o Team oriented
o Strategic thinker
Specificity of the job
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 79,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2020 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap. Safran ranks first in Forbes's 2020 list of the World's Best Employers for its sector. Safran Helicopter Engines is the world's leading manufacturer of helicopter engines, with more than 75,000 produced since being founded. It offers the widest range of helicopter turboshafts in the world and has more than 2,500 customers in 155 countries.