The Supplier Risk and Performance Manager (SRPM) shall manage and develop overall supplier performance to ensure the supplier implements robust Quality assured Industrialisation and production of Safran products, such performance shall include delivery and quality requirements. Actively engage in product development activities throughout the organization.
Areas of Responsibility includes:
• Responsible for the performance and quality of the suppliers represented
• Responsible to Identify, categorise coordinate and Mitigate Risks within Supplier and Internally
• Industrialisation of Products at supplier through New Product Introduction, Parts Transfers & Legacy issues
• Coordination of Tooling activity and control
o Budget planning for Tool Management
• Lead and Coordinate Recovery / Improvement project
• Responsible for improving supplier process performance and capability.
• Direct containment activities, provide timely material dispositions and implement effective root cause corrective actions. Implement FRACAS throughout the enterprise.
• Manage the Production Part Approval Process (PPAP), Advanced product quality planning (APQP), or similar system, to assure that production means are capable to supply a quality assured product.
• Investigate and eliminate causes of quality problems in the production and follow up on corrective actions.
No Direct Reports but Indirect liaison inside and outside the organisation.
• Accountable to identify , Capture and Monitor supplier risks in order to drive actions that will result in tangible improvement at the suppliers to minimize or eliminate risks
• Conducting monthly consolidation of supplier performance. Ensuring the consistency of the measures taken by the suppliers. Establishing, distributing and sharing the scorecard
• Using the data available through supplier Performance pack, SRPM is expected to engage with suppliers to define clear problems and work cross functionally internally and externally to address root causes and improve overall performance on Delivery, Quality and Cost.
o Accountable for robust industrialisation of production methods
o Responsible for identifying risks and developing mitigation plans for DFX streams (design for manufacture, design for cost, etc )
o Responsible for delivery recovery projects with suppliers
o Inputs into cost reduction projects
• Responsible for coordination and engagement of Supplier and Engineering to resolve and identified gaps in design for manufacture in order to ensure repeatable supply of quality parts is achieved
• Responsible to ensure that the Score assessment Process defined by Safran is conducted as required to provide ongoing surveillance of the supply chain robustness. Issues identified are to be categorised and loaded into the Risk tool then followed up with a clear action plan identifying owner and due date and will be managed to conclusion.
• Shall, depending on the size of the project lead or heavily influence coordination of the project plan for any transitional activity within their perimeter, definition & measurement of key milestones, its execution with a mind-set of zero defects and OTD delivery at rate planning
• Ensure Safran or Customer owned tooling is adequately managed, controlled and monitored at supplier, tooling register is kept up to date, and any potential risks are managed in an effective and timely manner through risk register. Based on assessment ensure the tooling replacement schedule is advised to the commodity manger in order to planned the budget.
• Lead the planning, scheduling, facilitation and delivery of supplier improvement / development projects
• Adheres to safe work practices and contributes to the evolution of the health, safety, and environmental program and culture;
• Planning, coordinating and possibly conducting the following audits and assessments with suppliers: Capacity, Production Management, Supply Chain, Quality, Process, etc and ensuring that they are successfully concluded
• Other duties may be assigned
• Improvement in OTD and PPM (Joint Objective with Supplier Account Manager and Cross Functional teams)
• Actively followed risk mitigation plan is reviewed and actions approved.
• Tooling Register up to date and replacement plan reviewed and managed with Commodity management.
• Projects delivered to milestone plan (Min 90% adherence to schedule)
• Good technical awareness of manufacturing engineering and relevant processes including DVI, Design for Manufacturing etc.
• Working knowledge of industrial supply chain management (Kanban, MRP2, VMI, EDI, etc…)
• Demonstrated experience of Supply Chain Planning & Management (including Demand Management, Load and Capacity management etc.)
• Project Management knowledge and application in working practices
• Awareness of quality management plan development and control techniques.
• Solid Operational experience, Manufacturing Engineering and Supplier Management Experience (aerospace, automotive…)
• Requires a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering ,Supply Chain, or related field
• Greenbelt certification in Lean / Six Sigma. Black belt certification preferred.
• Proven Project Management skills within a supply chain/manufacturing environment
• Lean Project Management – Experienced in leading workshops using lean methodology. With demonstrable experience of working with Quality/Lean Tools (FMEA, 8D, DMAIC, 5W, Ishikawa etc.) and delivering sustained improvements
• Strong Negotiation Skills demonstrated at senior management level
• Advanced Problem solving skills - ability to analyse a problem and determine if driven by design, supplier or other factors in a timely fashion and to make calculated risk decisions when ambiguity is a factor.
• Knowledge of supply chain; ERP principals
• Demonstrate leadership, influencing, teamwork and effective conflict resolution (drive change, conduct workshops) with strong communication skills at all levels of management internally and at supplier facility (written and verbal)
• Proven ability to work tactically with a strategic objective. Including having a high level of self-motivation and job planning in order to achieve goals and meet deadlines working autonomously.
• Good Interpersonal skills – able to work and influence across all levels of the organization and externally with the suppliers to ensure key deliverables are met.
• Experience of working within a matrix organisation
• Required fluency in English. French language skills would be advantageous
• Ability to travel to global supplier bases on a regular basis (up to 35% of time)
• Evidence of written English at interview stage. This will be through providing certification of a formal English or technical qualification studied in the UK or overseas in English. If this cannot be provided you will be required to complete and pass an online SHL English comprehension test as part of the interview process.
Specificity of the job
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 79,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2020 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap. Safran ranks first in Forbes's 2020 list of the World's Best Employers for its sector. Safran Electrical & Power is one of the world's leaders in aircraft electrical systems. The company is a key player in the equipment electrification and in the electric and hybrid propulsion sector. It has 15,000 employees across 13 different countries.
Pitstone Bucks, England
New Program Buyer
Pitstone Bucks, England
Pitstone Bucks, England