The Supplier Quality Assurance Engineer role is to assure the quality of the articles and services purchased while maintaining supplier compliance to all Safran requirements.
This person will be responsible for promoting best practices and continuous improvements among suppliers through effective investigation, evaluation, and feedback of supplier compliance issues.
• Management and Investigation of supplier non-conformances and manage supplier through containment, root cause investigation, preventative actions and verified closure in a timely manner.
• Manage all supplier non-conformities through Safran SP2 system capturing supplier responses, 5 Why and 8D evidence.
• Ensure suppliers are compliant and qualified to meet the current versions of Safran quality requirements using the maturity / process audits and Compliance Matrices.
• Plan and implement the appropriate monitoring actions at the suppliers' (system, products, processes and industrialisation) as and when necessary.
• Ensure corrective and preventive actions have been effectively implemented internally at the supplier.
• Approve supplier waiver requests and mitigate risks between supplier and manufacturing engineering.
• Work closely with Supplier Performance Management (SPM) team to ensure identified systemic quality issues are reflected in appropriate risk analysis, supplier improvement plans and appropriate surveillance levels agreed and maintained.
• Quality representative responsible for ensuring that all new/ potential suppliers are assessed against the relevant selection procedures and fully meet the standards required by Safran.
• Ensure that new/potential suppliers have the necessary skills and measuring equipment competencies to provide Safran with conforming products.
• Provide the necessary data to enable passing on non-quality costs to the suppliers.
• Represent supplier quality assurance in investigation reporting of supplier non conformances i.e. QRQC etc.
Industrialisation of Products and Processes
• Ensure the industrialisation process takes place in compliance with the procedures in force, contributing to industrialisation launch, meetings, and formal reviews.
• Resolve any supplier limitations
• Ensure that FAI (First Article Inspection) report elements of the PVI are formally reviewed and that anomalies are resolved with the suppliers in a timely manner.
• Represent quality in the industrial validation process (PVI) that ends with the Final Article Inspection.
• Ability to travel both internationally & domestically for workshops and training as needed
• Other related duties may be assigned.
Education and/or Experience
• Bachelors degree in Engineering or related area of business
• A Minimum of 5 year's experience in a related position
• Trained / Qualified Auditor
• Be self motivated, and practice effective time management skills.
• Ability to communicate effectively (both written and verbal) and work with others both internally, externally, and with other Safran sites
• Assertive and capable of defining and managing priorities
• Work urgently and thoroughly to prevent line stoppages
• Able to esculate issues in the correct manner.
• Aerospace experience of working with Quality Standards AS9100D / AS9102
• Demonstrated ability with quality and continuous improvement tools (Process FMEA, Risk analysis, Causal analysis, 8D, SPC etc.)
• Ability to propose detailed objectives and execute monitoring plans.
• Proficient in use of MS Office software and SAP
• Strong technical background in manufacturing, ideally aerospace or automotive.
• Solid understanding of a variety of quality measurement equipment, Micrometer, Vernier's, Shadowgraph, CMM etc.
• Evidence of written English at interview stage. This will be through providing certification of a formal English or technical qualification studied in the UK or overseas in English. If this cannot be provided you will be required to complete and pass an online SHL English comprehension test as part of the interview process.
Specificity of the job
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 79,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2020 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap. Safran ranks first in Forbes's 2020 list of the World's Best Employers for its sector. Safran Electrical & Power is one of the world's leaders in aircraft electrical systems. The company is a key player in the equipment electrification and in the electric and hybrid propulsion sector. It has 15,000 employees across 13 different countries.