Represent the aftermarket function both internally and externally on multiple programmes. Lead technical investigations and work-packages consisting of multiple disciplined team members in support of internal and external customers. Provide external customer technical communications and champion the customer internally. Produce internal reporting including aftermarket reviews to the senior leadership.
• Manage the Product Support work-packages of a multi-disciplined team as per PROMPT process under the supervision of the program
• Adherence to program NRC/RC for aftermarket business plans
• Deliver In-service Readiness packages
• Analysis of in-service and test data to identify source of equipment problems.
• Identify trends and lead corrective action programs on company products
• Evaluate the aftermarket impact of proposed engineering changes, Maintain customer and end-user communications both verbally and written
• Ensure the total support of internal and external customers, by answering customer queries, leading in-service programs, and in-service data analysis
• Instigate changes to internal and external product documentation and publications
• Technically represent Safran Electrical & Power in front of customers and suppliers.
• Provide support for technical documentation, field service team and ILS function tasks
• Plan in-service retrofits and recalls including costs
• Accountable for in-service event resolution and products' improvement
• Lead In-service investigations
• Answer/support questions from customers (operators or repair stations)
• Lead return of experience activities as well as reliability analysis of in-service products (NCR, field service reports, repair shop reports...) : follow-up in-service events, risks and root cause analysis, synthesis and communication of return of experience to program team, follow-up of dashboards and KPI's (Reliability, Dispatch, testability, TTGF,…) against the contractual commitments.
• Lead in-service resolution process from identification of problems, definition of containment/mitigation, definition of needs for repair solutions and retrofits until their application.
• Participate to creation of improvement plans of maintenance operations in order to reduce maintenance costs and TAT
• Define and approve in-service products' configurations and their different versions
• Accountable for the airworthiness of the configurations
• Lead the creation of means of support during in-service:
o Make sure tech pubs are created (CMM, SIL, SB, ECR), including definition changes and repair shop change requests (Internal or Customers).
o Maintenance tooling, in line or in shop, design and approval.
o Spares: make sure of definitions, readiness and approval of technical catalogues and kits.
o Training : make sure course material for use of the products are made available and deliver to candidates
Represent product Support and the aftermarket as part of the integrated Program Team for assigned platforms. Coordinate and lead small teams, as required, to establish root causes of in-service failure modes. Teams can comprise of members from any function. Support MRO's and customer meetings which might involve National and International travel.
• DMC reduction as per airworthiness criterion
• Respect of deliverables' commitments to Program and Product support
• TTGF (time to get a fix)
• Degree or HNC/HND preferably in Aeronautical Engineering or a similar discipline.
• Technical (aerospace) / products knowledge
• Customer oriented mindset
• English, TOEIC (600)
• Technical documentation creation know how
• Knowledge and capability to enforce airworthiness regulations applicable to its activities
• Know how to create, propose and ease the selection between many technical solutions
• Ideal applicants will be clear, logical and creative thinkers.
• Role also requires candidates who are self-motivated, accurate, and able to make difficult decisions.
• Will be required to work at other facilities worldwide.
• Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
• Excellent leadership, influencing, co-ordination, teamwork and communication skills
• Project management and planning skillset
• Ability to travel to customers and suppliers
• Evidence of written English at interview stage. This will be through providing certification of a formal English or technical qualification studied in the UK or overseas in English. If this cannot be provided you will be required to complete and pass an online SHL English comprehension test as part of the interview process.
Specificity of the job
might involve National and International travel.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 76,800 employees and sales of 15,3 billion euros in 2021 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and innovation roadmap.
Safran was ranked as the world's third best employer in its sector by Forbes magazine in 2021.
Safran Electrical & Power is one of the world's leaders in aircraft electrical systems. The company is a key player in the equipment electrification and in the electric and hybrid propulsion sector. It has 11,500 employees across 13 different countries.
- © Safran