Reporting to the Head of Global Supply Chai, the Head of Purchasing UK leads the overall activities of a team of Supplier Account Managers who manage the teams of Procurement, Purchasing, Supplier Performance and Supplier Quality Assurance to deliver overall supplier performance and ensure internal Programme and Operations customer satisfaction.
The Head of Purchasing UK will be dedicated to leading and coordinating all supplier activities for Pitstone for volume production, New Product Integration and R&T. The role will also be identifying and mitigating risk in the supply base for both quality and delivery performance of the supplier, working on Strategic commodity roadmaps which are aligned to the engineering roadmaps and the global supply chain strategies for SEP UK, COE Rotating Machines & Power Division. The Head of Purchasing UK will ensure compliance to all key performance indicators within the realm of the function:
This role holder will have overall responsibility for the following functions but not limited to:
• Supplier Account Managers
• Obsolescence, Conflict minerals, counterfeit prevention Management
• Proposals/Aftermarket & production (material costs)
• Supplier Performance Management
• Supplier Quality Management
• Commodity Management
• New Product Integration/R&T team
Financial responsibility: Oversee the Capex and Opex budget: Managing approx. £40 – 50 million pa spend on supply base across approx. 60 key suppliers¬, ensuring financial budgets are met. Leading proposals, savings initiatives, make-buy projects, department budgets, supplier Capex
Total team of approx. 4-7 direct reports and approx.-20 indirect personnel
Risk Management and Quality performance of suppliers – with assistance from functional process owners in supplier performance and supplier quality.
The role holder is accountable for leading the supplier cross functional team in adherence to the relevant processes, for the key objectives below:
• Key Performance Indicators: Savings, DPPM, OTD
• Internal and External Audits (Customers, AS9100, etc.)
• Approved Supplier Listing and supplier quality audits
• Strategic Commodity Roadmaps, with coordination to the R&T engineering roadmaps
• Proposals for all new business opportunities
• Execution of percent of spend on long term and/or pricing agreements
• Execution of supplier claims and % recaptured
• Prompt resolution of supplier quality and delivery issues
• Prompt and proactive identification of risks to the business with proper mitigation
Supplier Account Managers and Compliance Manager (Obsolescence, Conflict Minerals, Counterfeit Awareness): The role holder will have the team of Senior Supplier Account Managers and a Manager of Compliance for obsolescence, Conflict Minerals, Counterfeit awareness.
Supplier Quality Management
The role holder will have the assistance of a Functional process manager to assist in driving supplier quality
Supplier Risk Management and Performance
The role holder will have the assistance of a Functional process manager to assist in driving supplier performance initiatives
The role holder will have the assistance of a commodity management team to assist in driving the key initiatives identified
NPI and R&T
The role holder will have the assistance of an NPI team lead to assist in driving the key initiatives
The data analyst will be a direct line report to the Sr. Purchasing Manager and will be responsible for driving the following key initiatives
Procurement (buyers) will fall under the responsibility of the Senior SAM's with reporting assistance of KPI's and compliance from a procurement data analyst
Experience and Educational
• Degree qualified or equivalent, ideally within a purchasing or project management discipline
• Must be experienced in project and supplier management, team leadership, strategic and tactical procurement/purchasing
• Strong proven experience within aerospace or similar manufacturing environment
• Experience of working in a matrix organisation.
• Experience of managing complex commodities and suppliers in a build to print organization
• Experience of managing improved performance in underperforming suppliers.
• Negotiation Skills: Ability to conduct negotiations internally or externally with suppliers, reach consensus, in line with savings objectives.
• Supplier & Internal relations: Ability to establish a relationship of trust with the supplier and coalesce the needs of all parties internal and external into the form of shared and mutually acceptable solutions. Be a good communicator, including in challenging situations
• Contract and legal: Knowledge of contract fundamentals Know how to identify potential risks. Know how to describe the contract or issue to the legal department for feedback. Understand the contractual and legal data for the supplier and manage the associated impacts, risks and opportunities (ensure execution). Secure Intellectual Property rights in all dealings.
• Financial Aspects: Ability to understand the key financial metrics and tools (D&B, PPV calculations, Build Business case, establish ROI for capital or NRE investments with a supplier)
• Reference systems and processes: Understand and manage: 1/ The Company's management system as well as the standards and procedures applicable to his/her activities and certification processes
• Build to Print and Build to Spec: Understand the management process and rules associated with these definitions. Management impact of changes and manufacturability of changes to control costs.
• Project management: Lead the multidisciplinary team in charge of the commodity. Fully understand the project management methodology (management of costs, deadlines, quality, etc.) and implement it as part of supplier management. Find the best trade-offs. Prepare and coordinate the Commodity strategies and savings roadmap plan.
• Communication: Convey the key issues/objectives to the supplier and ensure prompt concise feedback to internal teams.
• Cooperation: Deploy collaboration as part of a multi-partner organisation (programme team, management, customers, suppliers, etc.). In particular, effectively manage relations and understand their decision-making processes. Demonstrate a positive attitude at all levels, enabling him/her to find the best solution for Safran Power.
• Organization/ planning
• Risk and opportunity management
• Emotional Skills
• Leadership Skills
Specificity of the job
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 79,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2020 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap. Safran ranks first in Forbes's 2020 list of the World's Best Employers for its sector. Safran Electrical & Power is one of the world's leaders in aircraft electrical systems. The company is a key player in the equipment electrification and in the electric and hybrid propulsion sector. It has 15,000 employees across 13 different countries.
Supplier Account Manager (SAM)
Pitstone Bucks, England
Pitstone Bucks, England
Supplier Risk & Performance Manager
Pitstone Bucks, England