This role will support the Head of Controlling with all Finance matters relating to Costing and Inventory and creating/maintaining Power BI. They will also support the Finance Director directly as the SAP Site FICO lead with responsibilities including Specifying & testing enhancements to SAP functionality. This role will be accountable for the calculation & maintenance of site manufacturing rates.
• Play a key role in the department in terms of providing analysis and advice/support.
• Provide the Head of Controlling with budget and forecast data regarding costing and inventory
• Undertake the annual cost roll for manufactured and purchased material including review of BOM and Routings and preparation of module rates
• PPV analysis and reporting including communication of actionable items to Finance and Supply Chain
• Prepare inventory reporting (including consignment stock), Preparation of Stock Provisions for excess and obsolete stock, shrinkage reserve and work with Operations and Business Development to minimise exposure to stock losses
• Undertake works order analysis to determine root cause for variances and opportunities for cost improvement
• Respond to cost queries/commercial bid activity from the business
• Data analysis and reporting on; SAP Standard cost development, Manufacturing variances & Time tracking
• Internal Hourly rates
• SAP Finance Key User – point of contact for business change/testing/validation.
• Support Financial Accounting team with the month end postings - including SAP Sprint Cube refreshment for SEP UK.
Excellent communication skills are needed in order to partner effectively with the Senior Leadership Team and influence them towards or away from a particular initiative/spend, through reasoned argument
Has the ability to see the bigger picture and plan accordingly
Good interpersonal skills needed in order to communicate complex information in a helpful way for others to understand
Must possess an openness to change, along with being proactive, inquisitive and innovative
Needs to adhere to processes and make decisions based on sound judgement
Ability to implement and support continuous improvement within Finance by defining and validating processes and looking at improvement opportunities
Proven ability of exceeding goals and getting results in a matrix environment
Ability to work as part of a team
Ability to plan and prioritise tasks effectively to meet deadlines
Has a customer bias, dedicated to meeting the expectations of customers
The role requires part or full qualification in Accounting or relevant practical experience
Knowledge of Costing
Experience of IFRS requirements
Computer literate with advanced Excel
Some manufacturing experience is an advantage
Engineering background is a plus
Power BI experience
Specificity of the job
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 79,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2020 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap. Safran ranks first in Forbes's 2020 list of the World's Best Employers for its sector. Safran Electrical & Power is one of the world's leaders in aircraft electrical systems. The company is a key player in the equipment electrification and in the electric and hybrid propulsion sector. It has 15,000 employees across 13 different countries.