Responsible for all aspects of LRU / System EMC test programs, including writing test procedures, test reports, performing EMC tests against military and civil aviation specifications to accredited procedures and accurately documenting results.
Support project teams throughout the verification and validation process for both qualification and development testing either at the Pitstone EMC facility or at external test facilities. Perform calibration, asset management and maintenance activities in line with EMC procedures.
- Liaise with internal customers across SAFRAN to coordinate EMC test and preparation activities.
- Act as a work package owner for projects EMC test requirements. Identify equipment required to perform tests to end user requirements. Coordinate hire, purchase and outsourcing activities with project team and strategic sourcing.
- Raise purchase requisitions and log expenses to ensure accurate tracking of EMC lab budgetary spend.
- Mentor trainee engineers.
- Perform EMC tests on LRUs and systems ensuring accurate and traceable results.
- Maintain the EMC lab calibration and asset management database along with associated requirements and trend-data spreadsheets.
- Maintain the labs ISO17025 accreditation by performing technical competency demonstrations.
- Specify test equipment requirements to meet current, future and interim test requirements.
- Produce documentation in line with SAFRAN and ISO17025 quality requirements.
- Completion of development and qualification test milestones within agreed timescales.
- Maintain EMC test facility and equipment, liaising with suppliers and internal departments.
- Project EMC test milestones delivered on time.
- EMC documentation produced to ISO 17025 and SAFRAN quality requirements within customer deadlines.
- Reporting directly to the Test and Facility Manager
- Engage in weekly team and project meetings as required.
- Update internal and external customers on a regular basis during work package activities
- Liaise with calibration and test equipment suppliers on a weekly basis to ensure calibration activities are being scheduled and performed.
Decision making authority:
- Prioritise own work to ensure target deadlines / timescales are achieved.
- Decide on the applicability and suitability of EMC tests in line with the standards and test requirements.
- Schedule test order based on equipment availability and other test activities.
- Define and help to validate alternative test techniques and methods to improve test duration, accuracy or other improvement.
- HNC or equivalent in electronics or telecommunications
- Detailed understanding of EMC specifications and standards.
- To provide a high level of EMC test experience and technical knowledge with regards to aerospace and military test specifications and train others to be able to perform tests.
- The ability to configure EMC measurement and control software
- Configure EMC test equipment, including writing EMC test equipment software drivers.
- Write EMC test plans & reports, both development and qualification.
- Able to follow procedures and clear instructions whether working independently or as part of a team.
- Have a positive attitude and flexible, proactive approach to all aspects of work.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet program deadlines
- Have an aptitude for hands on work, including experience with the following: - Drilling, soldering & Wiring.
- Have good communication skills, both written and verbal when dealing with all levels within the development team and also when required with maintenance and individual project engineers.
- Good working knowledge of MS Software i.e. Excel, Word.
- Ability to debug and solve issues with EMC test setups in a timely manner. Help to identify and resolve EUT non-compliances. Build EUT support equipment and test specific equipment.
• Evidence of written English at interview stage. This will be through providing certification of a formal English or technical qualification studied in the UK or overseas in English. If this cannot be provided you will be required to complete and pass an online SHL English comprehension test as part of the interview process.
Specificity of the job
- © Safran