To manage the strategy of a specific commodities for Safran Electrical & Power. The primary function of the role is to define and execute appropriate commodity strategies to support the overall site and divisional needs.
• To ensure that the commodity being managed has over 90% of the spend covered by Agreements or Contracts
• To deliver savings of 2% per annum against direct material spend within the Commodity.
• Define, Elaborate and Manage the commodity strategy roadmap, ensuring that appropriate supplier panels are in place to support the technology requirements of the future business.
• Constantly analyse the supply base associated to the commodity and reduce, refine, and rationalize on an ongoing basis.
• Execute claims against suppliers in the case of poor quality and/or delivery.
• Ensure delivery of strategic Quarterly Business Reviews for key and strategic suppliers. Ensure follow through of appropriate actions and delivery of projects as required.
• Aggressive and professional execution of contract management to ensure that Safran obtain all available value from contracts agreed.
• Serve as a source of escalation for Supply Chain teams, when the supplier is non-responsive to business needs.
• For each contract execution, there is a Supplier Selection committee meeting to be signed off and agreed at Senior leadership levels.
• Up to 15% travel to supplier locations
• Previous experience of having working in commodity management.
• Demonstrable evidence of managed or delivered savings plans.
• Understanding of contracts and key contract conditions is a necessity.
• Ability to manage complex situations and projects.
• Must be a self-starter and have the ability to prioritise high and varied workload.
• Must be able to negotiate both at a tactical and strategic level.
• Ability to present complex and detailed information in a simple manner.
Specificity of the job
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 79,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2020 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap. Safran ranks first in Forbes's 2020 list of the World's Best Employers for its sector. Safran Electrical & Power is one of the world's leaders in aircraft electrical systems. The company is a key player in the equipment electrification and in the electric and hybrid propulsion sector. It has 15,000 employees across 13 different countries.