The purpose of the Sales Engineering function is to manage the liaison between Safran Cabin Czech (SCCZ) engineering and its stakeholders.
• Internal stakeholders are programme management (project teams), production organization (incl. after sales), R&T, sales/marketing and BDA.
• External stakeholders are the market, customers, OEM's and business partners.
The Sales Engineer contributes to the development and maintenance of the sales engineering forms and instructions.
Tasks and Responsibilities
• Support Sales & Marketing on technical issues, raising solutions and giving advises within the problem definition of the customer.
• Responsible for the Fulfilment of Customer Order:
o Transfer and maintain customer specification/requirements within the contract towards the SCCZ organization (within the affordability of the customer).
o Translate & steer specifications/requirements, issues, and possibilities of (potential) customers into the standard product program of SCCZ.
o Provide customer guidance conducting the Customization Process for SFE programs.
• Responsible for the preparation and the quality of standard product program (catalogue) based technical proposals.
• Execute and consolidate the functional product catalogues (e.g. Technical Notes) including the maintenance support.
• Develop and maintain the Sales Engineering Knowledge:
o Maintain a good insight in market possibilities and changes.
o Recognize opportunities for new sales and marketing products.
o Contribute to the development of the sales engineering product/market/technology knowledge.
o Keeping abreast of legal and airworthiness requirements.
• Represent Engineering at exhibitions, congresses, seminars, etc.
Education and Experience
• Have a Bachelor degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, Aviation Technology, or a demonstrated equal working and thinking level.
• Experienced in working in multidisciplinary teams
• Experienced in design and engineering processes
• Experienced in 3D CAD (SolidWorks), MS-Office and PDM (SmarTeam) software application.
• Have minimum of 3 years work experience in a relevant function
• Good level of knowledge of principles of mechanical and system design.
• Have knowledge of LEAN tools and methods.
• Able to work under pressure.
• Good written, verbal and visual communication skills.
• Be fluent in the English language.
• Be willing to travel.
• Action Oriented.
• Drive for results (curious, creative and inventive).
• Customer focused.
• Team player.
• Interpersonal relations.
• Commercial insight and be cost aware.
• Business & Industry Knowledge.
• Negotiate (listen, influence and convince).
• Problem solving.
• Planning (self-management).
Locate your future workplace
Toermalijnstraat 16 1812 RL
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 76,800 employees and sales of 15,3 billion euros in 2021 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and innovation roadmap.
Safran was ranked as the world's third best employer in its sector by Forbes magazine in 2021.
Safran Cabin is a world leader in fully integrated cabin interiors, catering systems and cargo equipment.
- © Safran