The purpose of the position of Certification Engineer is to demonstrate compliance of designs to the airworthiness requirements in the design process of new products and the redesign (improvement) of existing products within the Safran Galleys Engineering department.
Some of your key responsibilities for this position concern:
- Performing design approvals for specific projects.
- Supporting engineers in design decisions in relation to airworthiness requirements.
- Demonstrating compliance of designs and certification documentation with the applicable airworthiness requirements by:
* Creating certification documentation: Similarity reports, Analysis reports, Test plans, Test result reports, Modification/repair reports, Service Bulletin and NTO statements.
* Creating other documentation: Specifications, Material specification, Manufacturing processes, Installation processes and Work instructions
* Providing support to conduct the necessary certification tests in a wide field of expertise.
* Selecting and determining how certification will be demonstrated (similarity, analyze, test).
* Coordinating and executing certification tests.
* Monitoring of new developments and technologies relevant to his field of expertise.
* Communicating the airworthiness requirements within the organization and their impact on the design .
* Acting as spokesperson of the Certification department in the role of certification focal for an assigned program.
Education & experience
- You have a Bachelor degree in mechanical engineering or aviation technology.
- Educated in design and engineering processes
- Educated in 2/3D CAD (ME10/SolidWorks) application
- Educated in finite element modeling using Femap*
- Educated in Reliability, Availability, Maintainability and Safety validation and verification
- Educated in Environmental and Fire, Tox and Smoke validation and verification of designs
- Have minimum 3 years work experience in a relevant function (depending on fields of expertise).
- Full understanding of the applicable IR 21 and CS-25 / FAR 25 regulations.
- Basic knowledge of MS-Office and PDM (SmarTeam) applications.
- Comprehensive knowledge level of the finite element theory.
Locate your future workplace
Toermalijnstraat 16 1812 RL