• Assists with preparation of bid requests, which include Request for Information (RFI), Request for Quote (RFQ), and Request for Proposal (RFP) to establish commercial conditions to procure an item. This may be in support of new production requirements, engineering changes, or in support of the contracts estimating group (new business);
• Responsible to negotiate a scope of part numbers, providing a long period of validation in price for the programs involved.
• Loads and maintains ERP data necessary to allow purchase order placement by supply chain teams;
• Interfaces with internal customers to resolve problems and issues relating to purchase items;
• Interfaces with external customer to address supply chain issues, with previous approval from manager;
• Supports plans and goals lead by the Supplier Performance Management Team;
• Adheres to safe work practices and contributes to the evolution of the health, safety, and environmental program and culture;
• Other duties may be assigned.
• Implement and make sure your team implement measures of health, Safety and Environment necessary to keep the Physical integrity of your team.
* Compile information regarding certificates of origin (USMCA)
APICS- SUPPLY CHAIN
Specificity of the job
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 79,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2020 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap. Safran ranks first in Forbes's 2020 list of the World's Best Employers for its sector. Safran Electrical & Power is one of the world's leaders in aircraft electrical systems. The company is a key player in the equipment electrification and in the electric and hybrid propulsion sector. It has 15,000 employees across 13 different countries.