The need for security is deeply rooted in mankind. It's good that there are forces that ensure more security and order in a changing world. Services and solutions from Safran Vectronix help to support these forces in their mission. Dedicated to target intelligence, we are recognized as a global leader in state-of-the-art optronic equipment for military, systems and sensors for military and civil applications. Almost 100 years of Swiss tradition and excellence in optics and precision engineering are reflected in our products. Customers in more than 90 countries rely on Safran Vectronix for Swiss quality, precision, and reliability.
We would like to reinforce our Research & Development department with a creative and team oriented
Software Engineer for Digital Mapping (f/m)
YOUR MAIN TASKS WILL INCLUDE:
• Development of embedded software for multifunctional observation and localization devices
• Design and implementation of software for multiple platforms (embedded Linux, Ubuntu, Windows) in C++, Qt and Python
• Development of automated tests from unit to system level (GoogleTest and Robot Framework)
• Technical lead of software projects and contribution to software architecture
• Working in an international and multi-disciplinary team
• Close collaboration with product management, quality assurance and production
• Several years of experience as Software Engineer
• Experience with 3D graphics (OpenGL and GPU programming, shaders) and accelerated computing
• Bachelor or Master degree in computer sciences
• Experience in C++ development, using Qt or similar technologies
• You are familiar with automated testing
• Experience in Computer vision is a plus
• Analytical skills, understanding complex setups and interactions, and previous experience in a high-tech industrial environment
• Enjoy collaborating in a team, but also able to work fully independently.
• Being able to take on a challenge and not being afraid to dive into unknown territory, be it old or new, is more important than deep expertise in any specific technology.
We work in agile development teams on challenging research and development projects and have an open and diverse culture. This position is based at Safran Vectronix, located in Heerbrugg (Switzerland).
Angelika Rupp, HR, will be pleased to receiving your application at [email protected] Heide Stollberg, Head of Software Development, will be pleased to provide any further information concerning tasks and responsibilities: [email protected]
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 79,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2020 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap. Safran ranks first in Forbes's 2020 list of the World's Best Employers for its sector. Safran Electronics & Defense is a world leading supplier of products and services that handle observation, decision and guidance functions for both civil and military applications. The company understands and applies a wide range of the state-of-the-art technologies that underpin embedded intelligence in many different areas, as a supplier to some of today's most innovative aerospace and defense programs.