Supplier Account Manager
Safran Landing Systems MRO
We are currently recruiting for a Supplier Account Manager to join our team in Gloucester.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The core function of this role is the procurement of spares and effective management of operational stock levels. You will liaise internally with a range of stakeholders to ensure the optimum stock mix is maintained within our various programmes.
Another core function will be to build supplier relationships, including major sub-con suppliers and monitor their quality and delivery performances. You will understand that accurate and timely information with regard to forecasting and provisioning are integral enablers within this process.
You will also be expected to deliver process improvements to reduce non-value added time associated to stock replenishment activities / supplier performance.
• You should have experience within a supply chain management environment.
• Excellent negotiation skills and the ability to communicate at all levels of the organisation including Client liaisons.
• Highly persuasive and ability to negotiate contractually
• Time management is key to this role in conjunction with excellent organisation skills
• Self-motivated with a proactive working style
• Sound numerical skills and an understanding of financial matters
• Knowledge of Microsoft Applications in particular – Power Point, Word, Excel.
• Ability to quickly understand software systems and interrogate for information (Qlickview)
• Ability to plan and manage meetings including setting agendas, agreeing objectives, chairing toward consensus, agreeing actions, drafting minutes and following through with action plans.
• Understanding of the principles of effective project management and experience in developing and delivering against project plans.
Specificity of the job
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 79,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2020 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap. Safran ranks first in Forbes's 2020 list of the World's Best Employers for its sector. Safran Landing Systems is the world leader in aircraft landing and braking systems. The company works with 30 civil and military aircraft manufacturers and supports 27,800 aircraft that make 73,000 landings a day.