SAFRAN LANDING SYSTEMS IS THE WORLD LEADER IN AIRCRAFT LANDING AND BRAKING SYSTEMS.
Safran Landing Systems is the world leader in aircraft landing and braking systems. Our capabilities encompass the full life cycle of our products, ranging from design and manufacture to in-service support, repair and overhaul.
We are a partner to 30 leading commercial, military, business and regional airframers, and support over 27,000 aircraft making more than 60,000 landings every day. There are also more than 7,600 employees working in locations across Europe, North America and Asia.
Responsibilities to include First Off, CMM Inspection, Final View Inspection of both Supply Chain and internal parts, whilst ensuring that the associated processes and procedures are consistent and robust.
• Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Qualified or experienced Inspector, training will be given to suitable applicants.
• Capable of expediently and successfully inspecting and delivering quality products to both internal and external customers.
• Capable of demonstrating Understanding and evaluating output data from CMM machines.
• Camio Studio, Modus (experience both programming and operation would be advantageous)
• Dmis language programming (would be desirable).
• Full understanding of AS9102 FAI requirement's. ASMEY14.5 2009 and ISO1011 2004 standards
• Proven experience of the manufacture of Aircraft Landing Gear original equipment and associated products.
• The ability to implement and follow inspection processes.
• The ability to understand quality issues and determine suitable outcomes via reasonable analysis.
• Capable of managing interactions with other work teams.
• Good communication skills.
• Task / achievement focussed.
• Compliance with regulatory requirements.
• Completion of any work related tasks, which would be deemed reasonable of this role.
Candidate's skills and requirements;
• Modern Advanced Apprenticeship – Level 3
- Good understanding of the Renishaw Revo renscan 5 head technology also an advantage
• Must be able to work independently and have previous experience of operating in a manufacturing environment.
• Must be PC literate
• Must have excellent written and oral skills.
• Must be task / achievement focussed.
‘Offers of employment will be subject to a relevant level of company security vetting, which will include a criminal record check'
Do you want to join our team?
Our employees are at the heart of our success; we offer a range of competitive benefits, career progression and training opportunities helping to ensure we build the future.
At Safran landing systems, we continue to support our employees and their contribution by providing a range of benefits.
• 25 days holiday + UK Bank Holidays
• Working Hours (unless specified) are 37.5 hours per week; Mon-Thurs (8am-4:30pm), Friday (8am-1:30pm)
• ‘On Board Benefits' Programme, providing a number of schemes such as cycle to work, technology savings, retail discounts, access to healthcare, house moving day, sports and social club
• Shares and profit share scheme
• Fulfilling your potential with Career Progressions opportunities such as company sponsorship and further training courses
• Family friendly policies including maternity, paternity, adoptive parents, shared parental leave, parental leave and flexible working
• Equality & Diversity initiatives with internal groups for workplace engagement and involvement
• STEM engagement with schools, colleges and universities and Charitable activities for all
• Free parking onsite
• With a focus on employee health and wellbeing, we have a large, canteen/break area with indoor seating, bicycle storage and shower/changing facilities.
Specificity of the job
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 76,800 employees and sales of 15,3 billion euros in 2021 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and innovation roadmap.
Safran was ranked as the world's third best employer in its sector by Forbes magazine in 2021.
Safran Landing Systems is the world leader in aircraft landing and braking systems. The company has partnerships with 20 airframers in civil, regional, commercial and military transport, and supports 27,000 aircraft.
- © Safran