To inspect and sentence a wide variety of aircraft landing gear components to return them to a serviceable condition with the minimal repairs necessary in accordance with the approved maintenance data.
• Visual inspection of components for acceptance or identify defects to the manufacturer's original design
• Analyse complex aircraft back to birth history to ascertain full traceability, acceptance and correct lifing of parts
• Follow component maintenance manuals, drawings, engineering layout information and additions to the original design such as Service Bulletins, Service Letters and Airworthiness directives
• Create and compose detailed sequence of processes and engineering method statements for repairs of complex components along with the compilation of appropriate quality assurance documentation
• Ability to use a wide and varied range of precision measuring equipment
- Policy deployment targets.
- Average hours by product type.
- Continuous improvement ideas.
• An Engineering Apprenticeship or equivalent ideally gained in the aerospace sector
• Individuals with a background in working with aircraft components
• Confident communicator, amongst team members and with other business areas
• IT literate and able to learn new systems with ease
• Sound mathematical skills and a good problem solver
• Flexible in approach, willing to take on new responsibilities and you will have a “can do” attitude
• An understanding of Lean Sigma disciplines and 5s principles
• Involvement in continuous improvement activities to reduce shop processing times and manufacturing hours
Specificity of the job
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 76,800 employees and sales of 15,3 billion euros in 2021 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and innovation roadmap.
Safran was ranked as the world's third best employer in its sector by Forbes magazine in 2021.
Safran Landing Systems is the world leader in aircraft landing and braking systems. The company has partnerships with 20 airframers in civil, regional, commercial and military transport, and supports 27,000 aircraft.
- © Safran