A challenging and multi-faceted role ensuring the flow of work and tactical delivery of parts through processes (from Launch to Distribution Centre Delivery) to support production plans. Facilitating on time delivery of parts to the Programme Teams in line with agreed End of Kit Dates (EKD's) in an efficient manner and with minimal internal rejects. You will supervise a team of people and be technically strong. Drive and a structured approach will be vital.
• Supervise the Gate 1 and Gate 2 teams.
• To be accountable for and to elect and supervise dedicated focals in your area of responsibility to control key processes, including but not limited to 5S, Calibration, Maintenance, Health & Safety, Tooling and GPI's.
• Ensure that works procedures and SOP's are adhered to at all times.
• To take accountability for Continuous Improvement initiatives including process mapping, kaizen events, 5S etc.
• Knowledge of Safran Landing Systems Quality Management System. Familiar with and able to apply Problem Solving and 8D techniques. Demonstrate average hour improvements in your area of responsibility.
• To ensure an effective cascade of policy deployment initiatives and information cascade.
• Effective control of WIP levels, rotable piece parts and SPT reduction.
• Reduction in operating costs and the enhancement of standardised best practice
• Champion adherence to the Airworthiness regulations and ensure compliance via robust and accurate works procedure reviews.
• Adherence to and delivery of the Overhaul and Repair programme activity.
• To ensure effective people management and use of reports and application of tool kits to support performance, conduct, absence, wellbeing, annual leave management, overtime reviews.
• Effective management of the training skills matrix and looking ahead to ensure team flexibility.
• Optimise labour to meet demand and eliminate bottlenecks whilst utilising cost efficient shift patterns.
• Build and deliver recovery plans where necessary.
• Shared responsibility for budget adherence.
• Participate in Production Activity Control (PAC) meetings and revise schedules through agreement with the Master Production Scheduler and Programme Managers.
• To optimise the utilisation and efficiency of equipment.
• Enhance Employee Engagement - Contribute to QRQC meetings and own action plans associated to improvements in internal quality/rejects. Update during monthly reviews
• In line with KPI's agreed in Policy Deployment Matrix including:
• On time delivery of plan
• Control and management of productivity and average hours in-line with targets.
• Support budget management.
• Optimised Working Capital – stock, rotable components, WIP
• Overall Equipment Effectiveness – efficiency, utilisation & maintenance
• Employee performance and satisfaction
• Internal Reject Rate.
• Daily participation in QRQC to ensure effective cascade of information to all relevant stakeholders
• A strong engineering background is highly desired.
• Experience of leading/managing a team.
• A working knowledge of lean principles, to Green Belt level, and how to deploy these effectively to leverage continuous improvement within a defined area of control.
• The ability to adopt an efficient 'hands-on' approach as appropriate.
• Familiarity of 8D and QRQC tools would be advantageous.
• Comprehensive job knowledge associated to relevant methodologies or best practices and compliance requirements.
• Ability to portray full endorsement of business goals and objectives.
• Capable of interpreting and communicating KPI's and developing appropriate actions.
• A flexible approach with ability to adapt to different working environments.
• A keenly developed sense of right first time attitude towards quality.
• Effective people development, leadership, coaching and team development skills.
• High levels of ‘change energy' and demonstrated motivation towards change .implementation.
• Strong and effective delegation skills.
• Effective communication and relationship building skills throughout all levels of the business.
• Good listening and interpersonal skills.
• Well organised, time management is key to this role in conjunction with excellent organisation skills.
• Self-motivated with a proactive working style.
• Good knowledge of Microsoft applications, in particular Power Point, Word, Excel.
Specificity of the job
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 79,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2020 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap. Safran ranks first in Forbes's 2020 list of the World's Best Employers for its sector. Safran Landing Systems is the world leader in aircraft landing and braking systems. The company works with 30 civil and military aircraft manufacturers and supports 27,800 aircraft that make 73,000 landings a day.
12.01.2021 Manufacture / assembly and repair
11.30.2021 Manufacture / assembly and repair
11.22.2021 Manufacture / assembly and repair