The post holder will be required to:
• Support through collection of data and reporting of figures to the regulator, the verification of COMAH and environmental permit compliance.
• Manage and continuously improve the ISO 14001 management system through procedural controls and impact lowering initiatives.
• Support the energy champions on site with the Carbon reduction commitment implementation.
• Provide advice and support engineering with regard to the REACH registration of chemicals in both the UK and EU systems.
• Undertake analysis of surface and treated water and other discharge samples to verify batch release and determine permit and consent compliance.
• Advise on and monitor especially through duty of care audits the waste management on site. (Operated by a third party)
• Investigate environmental incidents and spills on site, supporting departmental managers to undertake local investigations. Support them to identify and implement corrective actions to prevent recurrence
• Provide support and advice to employees and managers in relation to Environmental issues on site, involving other members of the HS&E team to provide specialist guidance when necessary.
• Undertake Audits of the Environmental (ISO14001) and H&S management systems, identify improvements and progress actions through to completion
• Provide reports and dashboards both to the HS&E Manager and to departments to support continuous monitoring and improvement processes.
• Provide Environmental & H&S input to site projects as and when required.
• Support the COSHH controls process through the identification and assessment of environmental impact form substances used on site.
• Calculate and report packaging waste returns in association with the company's compliance scheme provider.
• Other reasonable duties as required by the department, as determined by HS&E Manager.
The post holder is required to:
• Support the HS&E Team deputising for others where necessary,
• Support the effluent treatment area through the analysis of samples.
• Act as an advisor and support for the wider workforce with regard to Environmental issues and support H&S issues when necessary, demonstrating good practices through actions.
The post holder must be able to operate independently and flexibly, but within pre-determined guidelines and procedures.
They must be able to demonstrate a high degree of discretion and sensitivity whilst maintaining confidentiality,
They must possess the interpersonal, communication and organisational skills to work effectively at all levels within the company.
They will have experience of working in a manufacturing environment with knowledge of Environmental regulation in particular operating within a COMAH site.
Good knowledge of REACH and the Waste Management Regulations
Computer literate and with good administrative ability.
SharePoint skills advantageous.
• Minimum of IEMA Associate certificate in Environmental management
• Minimum of NEBOSH Certificate
‘Offers of employment will be subject to a relevant level of company security vetting, which will
include a criminal record check'
Specificity of the job
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 79,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2020 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap. Safran ranks first in Forbes's 2020 list of the World's Best Employers for its sector. Safran Landing Systems is the world leader in aircraft landing and braking systems. The company works with 30 civil and military aircraft manufacturers and supports 27,800 aircraft that make 73,000 landings a day.