• Undertake all purchasing responsibilities to support the P2P (Purchase to Pay) process. This includes processing purchase requisitions and supplier applications for individual sites and supporting invoice queries (when Purchasing responsibility).
• Works collaboratively within the Purchasing Team to understand and support business strategy.
• Administration support including but not restricted to; Invoice queries, Purchase Order processing and Expediting.
• Support end users on day to day SAP queries.
• Manage the implementation process for onboarding new suppliers.
• Propose improvements of tools and processes within the Group.
• Provide efficient and effective customer service.
• Adhere to all Group Policies and Procedures.
• Undertake any training and development activities outlined and agreed as part of your annual appraisal / objectives setting.
• Take care of your own safety and the safety of others at all times by complying with the Health & Safety Policy at all times.
• Represent the company in a professional manner at all times.
• Perform job responsibilities to the level identified in Internal Control procedures, policies and standards. Maintain an understanding of internal control standards and requirements.
• This job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities and you are expected to undertake any other duties as reasonably required within your competency.
Experience / Skills
• Demonstrable experience of working within a Purchasing Department.
• Able to work with, influence and communicate with a wide range of stakeholders.
Proficient administration, numerical and organisational skills. Previous experience of working with SAP.
• Previous experience of working within an Indirect Purchasing role.
• Experience of working within a Shared Service Centre environment.
Analytical skills covering written, graphic, numerical & statistical information.
• Business Administration qualification, or similar.
• CIPS qualification.
• Previous Customer Service training or qualification.
All roles at Safran UK are expected to demonstrate the ‘SHARED' values and behaviours in all aspects of their role; as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
Relating & Networking
Writing & Reporting
Adapting & responding to change
Achieving personal work goals & objectives
Planning & Organising
Coping with Pressures & Setbacks
Delivering results & meeting customer expectations
Specificity of the job
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 79,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2020 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap. Safran ranks first in Forbes's 2020 list of the World's Best Employers for its sector.