Based in SAFRAN LS Hamburg office, a satellite from SAFRAN LS headquarters in Vélizy-Villacoublay (78), you will report to SAFRAN LS Field Service Engineers team leader and will intervene on Airbus Final Assembly Lines (FAL) in Hamburg..
Acting as SAFRAN LS representative on Customer FAL, you will plan, coordinate and, to a certain extent, realise the corrective actions required to ensure conformity and airworthiness of the SAFRAN LS supplies delivered to the FAL, within the planning constraints imposed by the Customer. This activity might be handled with support from other Field Service Engineers as deemed necessary.
Most of the interventions to be carried out will answer the following types of needs :
- Embodiment of design modifications and/or specific upgrades as required by the Customer to reflect the latest design evolutions ;
- Correction of any defect or damage reported by the Customer on the equipment subsequent to its delivery to the FAL ;
- Any other Customer request requiring intervention of a Service Engineer at FAL.
Accordingly, the main missions you will have under your responsibility are the following :
- Organise and monitor the logistic aspects on site so as to ensure continued activity at FAL
o Define and monitor the needs for spare parts and consumables
o Organise and monitor the logistic aspects linked to :
o Order & receipt of new spare part and associated paperwork
o Reception, analysis and return to OEM of components removed from A/C (“used”)
- Anticipate and identify the needs for resource if any in preparation for major interventions at FAL if any ;
- Record all traceability information required within SAFRAN LS internal information system (such as Electronic Folio Manager, Customer Request Management Tool) and in the Customer information system as required ;
- Ensure regular and complete reporting to SAFRAN LS FAL Team Leader and FAL Quality about :
o Interventions completed,
o Weak signal reports,
o Customer feedback,
o Difficulties anticipated,
o Planning and resource anticipation.
The job requires a solid knowledge of mechanics and physics as well as a good aptitude to manual work, primarily mechanical work. A good understanding of the landing gear and shock absorber functioning is required, as well as a good knowledge of EASA Part 21G regulatory requirements. The job may also include limited activity on avionics equipment (supported by adequate training).
The job requires a good physical condition and a great flexibility (shift organisation, on call support, …) to accommodate planning constraints and changes imposed by the Customer. The job also requires good communication skills and relationship (Customer interface) and a good team spirit.
Discipline, organisation and methodology are key skills for this role.
Aircraft technician with good experience in assembly or maintenance, on mechanical and/or hydraulic products
Solid knowledge of mechanics and hydraulics
Solid knowledge to work on a Final Assembly Line
Good physical condition
French basics would be appreciated
Specificity of the job
Travels for punctual support to other worldwide locations may be required as part of the activity.
Locate your future workplace
Hein-Saß-Weg 36 21129
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 79,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2020 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap.
Safran ranks first in Forbes's 2020 list of the World's Best Employers for its sector.
Safran Engineering Services offers high-technology engineering services in the fields of aerospace, energy and ground transportation. Building on 30 years' experience, the company relies on 3,000 engineers dotted across nine countries worldwide.
- © Safran