WB is a competitive business with product selection by the Airlines and business secured with a one to one contract between the Airlines and WB division which set up below key business terms:
• Customer intimacy & Airlines satisfaction are key to favor Safran LS WB selection
• Maintenance concept is ‘'On Condition'' driven by Heat Sinks exchange or Tire Changes inducing a high number of removals with limited skills and investments therefore maintenance is mainly achieved locally at Airlines shop or affiliated MRO with limited feed-back in SLS MRO (less than 3%)
• Technical proactive visits at Airlines premises are key:
1. to collect data about our product performance, detect weak signals to prevent an issue spread within the fleet, monitor/ensure adequate maintenance practices, document operational conditions (oxidation, corrosion, …)
2. to help WB commercial support team for contract application, manage claims, challenge Airlines consumption in terms of consumables and spare parts (delivered FOC)
3. to maintain networking with Airlines decision makers
Implement under Product Support Engineering Manager control local actions such as:
• Capitalize on Airlines/MRO shop proximity to optimize product/maintenance/operations awareness:
1. focusing on local WB key accounts (ref attachment)
2. supporting on a case by case technical issues for other regional WB customers
• Interface with customers through Airlines/MRO shop visits and/or other types of follow up
• Coordinate with regional CSC and commercial support teams to identify key satisfaction drivers (vs. competition) that requires Wheels and Brakes Division support
• In terms of monitoring product activities, the RSE will routinely interface across Airlines/MRO repair shops or engineering. This RSE should have a sound technical/engineering background in WB's as the primary Safran LS product of focus.
• On-The-Job Training will be key to interface at shop floor level to track back any maintenance/performance inputs within the organization or at Airlines level
• Knowledge about repair administration within MRO (Part 145)
• Prior to assignment a 3 months training will be proposed at Velizy for:
- WB/CS organization and interface discovery
- Wheels and Brakes contract structure knowledge
- Wheels and Brakes training (OJT)
1. Develop ‘'technical'' reporting process for PSE (visit report, reliability analysis, PBI, …)
2. Reinforce/support Airlines/MRO shop communications as required pertaining to product
3. Participate to regional Airlines satisfaction plan management (spiders, ticketing, claims, RDAS)
4. Contribute to competition benchmark data collection (CMM, In-Service Experience …)
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 76,800 employees and sales of 15,3 billion euros in 2021 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and innovation roadmap.
Safran was ranked as the world's third best employer in its sector by Forbes magazine in 2021.
Safran Landing Systems is the world leader in aircraft landing and braking systems. The company has partnerships with 20 airframers in civil, regional, commercial and military transport, and supports 27,000 aircraft.
- © Safran