The Manufacturing Specialist / Manufacturing Engineer supports the Engineering and Production Department with respect to the manufacturing of aircraft interior products by solving manufacturing issues and reducing the time to manufacture products with the implementation of time saving measures. He/she will ensure the quality, integrity and certification properties of products manufactured is maintained or improved.
* Act as a shop liaison between design engineers and production operators to ensure products are built to specification and engineering documents.
* Provide feedback to design engineering to improve product design for ease of manufacturing, optimization of cost, weight reduction and time to manufacture products.
* Design (CATIA V5) and manufacture tooling to be used in production processes.
* Ensure standardization and compliance to engineering, customer and company specification for processes employed in the production of interior products.
* Solve manufacturing issues and implement sustainable solutions.
* Establish or revise manufacturing line set up to optimize/improve production with respect to time and cost.
* Perform process risk analysis (PFMEA) and develop risk mitigating actions.
* Provide assistance to production personal for all facets related to manufacturing of products.
* Perform time studies and create/modify production work instructions.
* Utilize "Lean tools" such as value stream mapping (VSM), 5S, Just-In-Time (JIT), Kanban, Standard Work and Takt Time to optimize production processes and lines.
* Prepare, plan and lead manufacturing improvement workshops.
* Apply industry and company standards in relation to design, manufacturing and certification.
* Education: BS Eng/Science (Mech/Industrial/Aero Preferred), or 2-Yr Technical + 3 Yr Experience in field
* Experience: 2 years+ in manufacturing engineering or industrialization engineering
* Computer Skills: Proficient with Windows Operating System®, Microsoft Office, CATIA V5, AutoCAD, SketchUp
* Other Skills:
* Knowledge of: Lean Methodologies, Manufacturing Processes, Industry Specifications, Material Properties, Engineering Drawings, Airworthiness Regulations.
* Attention to Detail, Problem Solving and Root Cause Analysis
* Organization and Communication
* Tool Design and Design for Manufacturability
* Infrastructure Design and Optimization
* Ability to use hand tools and provide manufacturing support as required
* Additive Manufacturing
* Assets: Excel VBA (Virtual Basic for Applications), Programming, Manufacturing 4.0, Pneumatics, PowerBI, Robotics, Control Logic, Thermoforming, Experience with Composite Panels
* Languages: Ability to communicate in French and English
Locate your future workplace
18107 Trans-Canada Hwy QC H9J 3K1
- © Safran