To lead and implement Quality Improvement digitalisation projects across the business. Working with the wider Operational Quality Team and the Factory 4.0/digitalisation project manager to implement digital inspection documents across the site, create a quality snag database and work with Safran Nacelles group to create an 8D dashboard.
To support the Operational Quality team in delivering departmental objectives:
• Support the application of key quality tools (PFMEA, SPC, 8D, 6 Sigma, PPAP, APQP)
• Support the continual reduction in customer escapes, internal and external concessions and the overall cost of non-quality through the application of appropriate Quality and continuous improvement tools.
• Ensure compliance with internal processes and procedures and external customer and regulatory requirements.
• Maintain a clean, organised and safe working environment and organise 5S initiatives.
• Schedule and manage workshop review audits and any resultant non-conformances and corrective actions.
• Engineering related Degree / HND, or equivalent experience
• Excellent computer skills, with experience in Microsoft Office packages. Able to manipulate data in Excel to produce KPIs and graphs
• Experience in a technical and/or manufacturing environment.
• Experience of complex problem solving and the delivery of improvement projects
• Good communication skills, both verbal and written
• An understanding of Aerospace quality standards and regulations
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 76,800 employees and sales of 15,3 billion euros in 2021 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and innovation roadmap.
Safran was ranked as the world's third best employer in its sector by Forbes magazine in 2021.
Safran Nacelles is a world leader for aircraft nacelles and an active player in after-market services, with 23,000 products in service, and 145,000 daily flight hours. The company is active in all segments of the market, from regional jets and corporate aircraft to the largest airliners.
- © Safran