Receives, distributes and maintains materials within stores and conducts inventory processes in a timely and efficient fashion ensuring quality standards are attained.
• Dispositions and resolves receiving/grief issues.
• Maintains inventory accuracy through daily spot checks and produces cycle count sheets.
• Responds to material requests from production.
• Supports Lead/Supervisor in organizing team members to meet program expectations as needed. Serves as backup for Lead/Supervisor as needed.
• Performs inspections on incoming materials to validate goods are as ordered and proper documentation has been provided and follows proper procedures to disposition discrepancies.
• Labels and identifies materials for quick retrieval and traceability within the stores warehouse.
• Enters receiving/issuing transactions into ERP system.
• Assists the Quality department with traceability requirements.
• Picks up and delivers materials from various locations as needed.
• Prepares and packages materials for shipment.
• Contributes to the materials management reporting systems to meet company requirements.
• Maintains a neat, organized work area and contributes to the daily housekeeping of the department.
• Wears safety equipment as required and follows safety guidelines/procedures.
• Properly adheres to training and GHS/SDS guidelines when handling Hazardous Materials.
• Maintains regular attendance including being at work, being on time to work and working full shifts.
• Other duties as assigned.
Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent with demonstrated skills and three years' experience. Experience in Aerospace industry preferred. Valid driver license required.
Employees working on programs subject to International Traffic in Arms Regulations must qualify as a US Person which is defined as a US Citizen, a Permanent Resident who does not work for a foreign company/foreign government/foreign governmental agency or organization, or a political asylee for legal compliance purposes.
• Ability to communicate in English (read, write and verbally communicate).
• Mathematical knowledge and ability to apply towards problem solving.
• Ability to operate a forklift.
• Strong communication, time-management, and problem-solving skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications and ERP systems.
• Strong sense of ethics, character and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
• Ability to work well independently and cross-functionally as part of an established and growing team.
• Skills operating general office equipment such as; computers, printers, scanners and copiers.
• Familiar with basic Quality terms and concepts.
• Ability to travel as required.
• Ability to work outside of core business hours as required.
• Able to climb and work on step stools and/or ladders.
• Able to lift 25 lbs. without assistance / Able to lift up to 100 lbs. with assistance.
• Able to reach overhead.
• Able to work in a non-dust free environment.
• Normal or corrected vision (required to perform exacting tasks).
• Full range of motion with both hands.
• Can work in stooping, kneeling, standing position and in cramped areas.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 79,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2020 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap. Safran ranks first in Forbes's 2020 list of the World's Best Employers for its sector. Safran Cabin is a world leader in fully integrated Cabin Interiors, Catering Systems and Cargo Equipment.