Performs quality related activities for parts fabrication, purchase of materials and equipment. Assures compliance to quality standards and customer requirements.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Performs inspections using the appropriate device to obtain an accurate reading of all types of shapes including hole sizes, radius, length, depth, angles, etc.
• Performs receiving inspections and prepares formal reports.
• Creates and maintains First Article Inspection Reports.
• Accesses and includes all necessary materials and processes certificates required for traceability purposes.
• Coordinates with Stakeholders as required to accurately describe nonconforming conditions for rejected parts.
• Assists as required with part marking and packaging.
• Maintains a neat, organized work area and helps with the general daily housekeeping of the department.
• Meets target hours and completes schedules as set by Supervision.
• Maintains regular attendance including being at work, being on time to work and working full shifts.
• Other duties as assigned.
Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent with demonstrated skills. One year related aircraft interior inspection experience required.
Employees working on programs subject to International Traffic in Arms Regulations must qualify as a US Person which is defined as a US Citizen, a Permanent Resident who does not work for a foreign company/foreign government/foreign governmental agency or organization, or a political asylee for legal compliance purposes.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Working knowledge of various measuring devices such as calipers, micrometers, depth gauges, etc.
• Familiar with Quality and inspection concepts and processes.
• Ability to read blueprints, pack slips, invoices and other customer supplied data.
• Ability to read measuring instruments.
• Familiar with engineering programs.
• Mathematical knowledge and ability to apply towards problem solving.
• Ability to communicate in English (read, write and verbally communicate).
• Familiarity with AS9100 preferred.
• Ability to travel as required.
• Ability to work outside of core business hours as required.
• Able to climb and work on step stools and/or ladders.
• Able to lift 25 lbs. without assistance/able to lift up to 100 lbs. with assistance.
• Able to reach overhead.
• Able to work in a non-dust-free environment.
• Normal or corrected vision (required to perform exacting tasks).
• Full range of motion with both hands.
• Can work in a stooping, kneeling or standing position and in cramped areas
In accordance with the Federal Government Executive Order 14042, being fully vaccinated for Covid-19 is a contingency for employment with Greenpoint Technologies. We will consider a request for medical exemption or religious exemption as the law requires. For more information please contact Human Resources at [email protected] and [email protected]
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 76,800 employees and sales of 15,3 billion euros in 2021 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and innovation roadmap.
Safran was ranked as the world's third best employer in its sector by Forbes magazine in 2021.
Safran Cabin is a world leader in fully integrated cabin interiors, catering systems and cargo equipment.
- © Safran