SAFRAN SEATS IS A WORLD LEADER IN AIRCRAFT SEATING.
For more than 80 years, Safran Seats has been a premium manufacturer of First and Business Class seating systems for passenger airlines.
With the largest seats portfolio of all seats suppliers, we pride ourselves on innovation, customization, quality and industrial design.
Safran Seats GB, based in Cwmbran, South Wales is a 100% owned subsidiary of Safran Seats and we currently have 800+ employees (across 3 sites in the UK- Cwmbran, Newport and Brackley).
Seats GB offers:
• Unique and High-end Quality products
• Market leader in Bespoke aircraft seating
• Passenger Experience Expertise
• In-house design studio and group Synergies
• Dedicated production line and Industrialisation facilities
• Bespoke capabilities
• Co-creation abilities
Do you want to join our team?
Our employees are at the heart of our success; we offer a range of competitive benefits, career progression and training opportunities helping to ensure we build the future.
At Safran Seats GB, we continue to support our employees and their contribution by providing a range of benefits.
• 25 days holiday + UK Bank Holidays
• Working Hours (unless specified) are 37.5 hours per week; Mon-Thurs (8am-4:30pm), Friday (8am-1:30pm)
• Hybrid working
• ‘On Board Benefits' Programme, providing a number of schemes such as cycle to work, technology savings, retail discounts and access to private healthcare
• Fulfilling your potential with Career Progressions opportunities such as company sponsorship and further training courses
• Family friendly policies including maternity, paternity, adoptive parents, shared parental leave, parental leave and flexible working
• Equality & Diversity initiatives with internal groups for workplace engagement and involvement
• STEM engagement with schools, colleges and universities and Charitable activities for all
• Free parking onsite
• With a focus on employee health and wellbeing, we have a large, canteen/break area with indoor and outdoor seating, bicycle storage and shower/changing facilities.
Job Role & Responsibilities
VP Supply Chain
As part of the Safran Seats Executive Committee and reporting to the CEO of Safran Seats GB, this role is responsible for the end-to-end Supply Chain performance of SGB including the financial and operational performance. Process owner of SGB's IBP (Integrated Business Planning) ensuring consistency between the Demand Plan, Sales and Operations Plan, Financial Plans in accordance to MTP and the Product Review
• Develop and execute the supply chain strategy and goals in line with Safran Seats GB and the Safran Seats global supply chain strategy.
• Development of robust procurement processes and ensure materials supplied meet delivery and quality requirements.
• Process Owner of SGB Integrated Business Planning in terms of consistency between the demand forecast, the innovation plan (product and NPI), capacity plans (both internal and external Inc. development) and the financial plan in line with the medium term plan (MTP), ROFO and forecasts.
• Lead and support continuous improvement of the Supply Chain transformation in accordance to the MRP2 standards by the implementation of Supply Chain management and Inventory management best practices.
• Provide effective leadership to deploy the business vision, specific smart objectives and KPI's across the Supply Chain organisation and as part of SGB executive team.
• Ensure achievement of company and supply chain performance goals on a repeatable and sustainable process driven way of working.
• Continuously drive the supply chain team to support the lean enterprise with appropriate continued improvements and implementation of ONE Safran Standards
• Coordinate appropriate activities with peers and members of other departments and provide necessary support
• Develop and execute improvement plans to improve work environment, employee hiring, employee development and employee retention
• Promote the Safran Leadership values to continuously develop the Supply Chain business.
• As a member of the Seats GB executive team play a key role in the governance and leadership of Seats GB and in the continued development of the SGB Executive, team in to a high performing team.
• SSG Business Process owner for Supply chain, ensure continuous improvement, alignment with improvements across the supply chain network
• Ensure positive, productive and proactive relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders
Skills and requirements -
Qualifications & Experience
• Proven track record of MRP2 principles, experienced in the deployment of the Supply Chain process or experience of a Supply Chain operational function
• CPIM accreditation
• Substantial leadership experience at a senior / executive level in a complex organisation
• Proven track record of devising and implementing supply chain strategies
• Proven track record of P&L responsibility including devising and delivering to annual budgets and targets
• Rich background in Supply Chain and strong interest in driving performance improvements
• Ability to manage diverse simultaneous projects of varying complexities
• Comprehensive knowledge, but commercial and technical, of the aircraft interiors business
Competencies and Behaviours
• Energetic, self-motivated leader who can work independently as well as with teams
• Strong team builder with strong coaching skills
• Demonstrated leadership ability in managing people and complex situations
• Capable individual who develops people motivation and competencies
• Ability to plan and think strategically and resolve problems
• Ability to communicate and work effectively with subordinates, peers and supervisors
• Customer focused individual, able to understand client needs and develop and implement effective business solutions to maximise growth
• Leverages technology to enable the business to create sustainable competitive differentiation. Should be well versed with best-in-class and emerging technologies
• Defines ambitious goals and establishes priorities with clear responsibilities to ensure results: manages projects, activities & resources effectively
• Strong analytical skills enabling complex issues to be rapidly understood and explained in simple terms to others, and a range of potential solutions to be developed
• Effective interpersonal skills, good command of written and verbal communications skills
• Strong, realistic confidence in oneself in challenging situations
• Ability to operate in a complex international environment as well as in a matrix organisation
• Excellent time management and decision-making skills
• Driven by strong professional standards, a discipline approach and, above all a high level of personal and professional credibility
• Can lead and influence effectively across the full range of organisational levels and across organisational boundaries
• Innovative to continuously evolve the function
Direct responsibility for 70+ staff located within Cwmbran (Wales) and Newport (Wales)
Functions: S & OP, MPS, MRP Planning, External Supply Chain, Logistics (inc Freight) & Inventory
Travel requirements (UK / International) occasional
Specificity of the job
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 79,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2020 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap. Safran ranks first in Forbes's 2020 list of the World's Best Employers for its sector. Safran Seats is a world leader in aircraft passenger and crew seats. One million seats made by the company are now in service worldwide.