To manage product requirements, specifications & their compliance throughout the product development cycle using validation & verification processes.
• To manage the requirements on engineering projects, ensuring they are fully documented and traceable in line with the Requirements Management Plan.
• Capture & validate all stakeholder requirements - both internal and external.
• Review Requirements with Subject Matter Experts and Test Engineers
• Work closely with the whole engineering project team to ensure the validation & verification activities are completed on time to support the Master Engineering Reviews
• Develop the product verification strategy and ensure agreement with all stakeholders
• Provide status reports for requirements capture, compliance status, validation and verification.
• Create and maintain product specification documents for internal and customer approval.
• Liaise with Engineering Design / DMU configurator to maintain product configuration.
• Capture and manage the Interfaces / Definition Control Models (DCM) as necessary to define the required requirements traceability.
• Support the Engineering change process, and Engineering proposals in response to MCP requests received during an NPI project.
• Working within a cross-functional project team of up to 20 people. This can include working with external teams/suppliers for work package management / supplied items development.
• Reports directly to the Project Technical Integrator
• Providing analysis/data/documents to team members and the Project Technical Integrator; including
o Validation & verification KPIs
o Verification plan with full requirements traceability
o Design specifications for sub-systems
o Compliance matrices & respective KPIs at various system levels
o Requirements Traceability matrix
• Liaise with project team to:
o coordinate requirements validation and intent of compliance status.
o Create a robust verification plan
• Expected to travel within UK or internationally as required by the project to liaise with project stakeholders/suppliers.
A minimum of a Bachelors degree in Aeronautical, Mechanical, Systems, Electrical, Chemical, Software, or Computer Engineering.
A minimum of 2 years of experience in an engineering development project team within Design, Stress, Manufacturing or Certification Engineering.
A minimum of 1 year of experience in Systems Engineering requirements management, validation & verification (V&V).
Experience with using Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) methods to define operational, functional and physical requirements.
Experience in progressing DFMEA with a cross-functional development team.
Team collaboration – ability to work effectively and efficiently in a collaborative project team environment.
Problem Solving – ability to utilise robust problem solving methods to address problems in a systematic way
Communication – ability to effectively and efficiently communicate within a project team environment.
Specificity of the job
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 79,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2020 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap. Safran ranks first in Forbes's 2020 list of the World's Best Employers for its sector. Safran Seats is a world leader in aircraft passenger and crew seats. One million seats made by the company are now in service worldwide.