SAFRAN SEATS IS A WORLD LEADER IN AIRCRAFT SEATING.
For more than 80 years, Safran Seats has been a premium manufacturer of First and Business Class seating systems for passenger airlines.
With the largest seats portfolio of all seats suppliers, we pride ourselves on innovation, customization, quality and industrial design.
Safran Seats GB, based in Cwmbran, South Wales is a 100% owned subsidiary of Safran Seats and we currently have 800+ employees (across 3 sites in the UK- Cwmbran, Newport and Brackley).
Seats GB offers:
• Unique and High-end Quality products
• Market leader in Bespoke aircraft seating
• Passenger Experience Expertise
• In-house design studio and group Synergies
• Dedicated production line and Industrialisation facilities
• Bespoke capabilities
• Co-creation abilities
Do you want to join our team?
Our employees are at the heart of our success; we offer a range of competitive benefits, career progression and training opportunities helping to ensure we build the future.
At Safran Seats GB, we continue to support our employees and their contribution by providing a range of benefits.
• 25 days holiday + UK Bank Holidays
• Working Hours (unless specified) are 37.5 hours per week; Mon-Thurs (8am-4:30pm), Friday (8am-1:30pm)
• ‘On Board Benefits' Programme, providing a number of schemes such as cycle to work, technology savings, retail discounts and access to private healthcare
• Fulfilling your potential with Career Progressions opportunities such as company sponsorship and further training courses
• Family friendly policies including maternity, paternity, adoptive parents, shared parental leave, parental leave and flexible working
• Equality & Diversity initiatives with internal groups for workplace engagement and involvement
• STEM engagement with schools, colleges and universities and Charitable activities for all
• Free parking onsite
• With a focus on employee health and wellbeing, we have a large, canteen/break area with indoor and outdoor seating, bicycle storage and shower/changing facilities.
Job Role & Responsibilities
IPT Lead Manufacturing Engineer - Cwmbran
The industrialisation department is responsible for the development and introduction of new and updated products into production.
As IPT lead manufacturing engineer, you will be responsible for leading a team of manufacturing engineers and technicians and ensuring product designs meet manufacturing and assembly requirements. You will have a solid background in new product introduction from a manufacturing environment.
You and your team will work closely with other functions of the business especially design engineering to deliver customer programmes into production on time, to cost and to a high quality standard.
You will represent the department at the programme level and will also be required to provide periodic support to operations, sales, R & T and after market teams to deliver customer requests
• Ensure design reviews are supported at the right level and issues communicated, logged and resolved
• Drive team to ensure design for assembly/manufacture issues are highlighted and eliminated at every key stage of the programme. Lead lessons learnt sessions of previous design issues at the beginning of projects
• Work with other engineering functions to agree on development build requirements and ensure that builds are carried out and necessary improvements made
• Ensure make vs buy activities are conducted on time and guided by the company's areas of core competency.
• Review the make vs buy strategy with the purchasing department and propose changes
• Develop a production strategy with operations that will ensure customers' requirements are adequately met and estimate CAPEX requirement for tooling
• Ensure wastes are eliminated during the design of the production process and the team is trained in the application of lean methodology
• Ensure APQP & PPAP documentation are compiled and released at the correct level of quality and on time.
• Ensure PFMEAS are completed and all actions are closed. Periodically check aerospace standards for new updates to FMEA methodology
• Work with systems engineering to agree on validation and verification requirements for new products. Ensure validation and verification requirements are built into the project plan
• B.Eng. in Mechanical, Manufacturing or Aerospace Engineering OR HND gained through an apprenticeship
• Proven experience of leading and developing a technical team
• Experience of working within company and regulatory processes, standards and specifications
• APQP & PPAP
Specificity of the job
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 79,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2020 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap. Safran ranks first in Forbes's 2020 list of the World's Best Employers for its sector. Safran Seats is a world leader in aircraft passenger and crew seats. One million seats made by the company are now in service worldwide.