This role has responsibility for leading and coaching the organisation in driving an effective improvement journey. The role will require the individual to lead teams and engage business leaders in analysing performance, determining processes and tools to improve and driving the projects and governance to implement the improvements. The successful candidate will have a wide-ranging knowledge and experience of problem solving, six-sigma methodologies, lean manufacturing and continuous improvement tools. A Green Belt or higher is desirable with proven leadership in driving improvement projects across a business. This person will be a change agent with the courage to champion improvement within the business with the ability to motivate others to achieve results.
• Leading project teams to deliver significant business improvements through the deployment of CI tools in line with the business Hoshin Kanri
• Work with the business leaders to undertake continual analysis of the business to expose opportunities for change and improvement
• Drive continuous improvement within the business and identify opportunities for improvement including deployment of Hoshin Kanri, One Safran, Customer Improvement projects. Lean Journey & QRQC
• Drive engagement with Participative Innovation across the business
• Analyse and monitor financial and customer benefits throughout the life of the improvement project
• Champion and share the use of best practice methods for improvements across the business and provide evidence of real change implementation
Problem Solving Capability
• Working with the Director of Continuous Improvement to determine the tools required and scope of Continuous Improvement Training across the business.
• Working with the Director of Continuous Improvement - creating, organizing and delivering training to the targeted scope.
• Coach, train and mentor business in the use of CI tools
• Coach Project Sponsors and Project Leaders to enable the delivery of successful project implementation
Drive Plant / Business Unit Improvement Workstreams
• Able to lead teams in analyzing data and determining the key activities that will reduce the defects or increase flow.
• Use of Value-Stream Mapping to determine production bottle necks and leading the team to address the issues found.
• Able to communicate the progress to both internal and external customers and influence the leadership team to ensure support to drive workstreams to closure.
• Accountable for the governance of the improvement projects and activities in specified areas.
• Manage stakeholders across the leadership team and wider business to coach, support and deliver the improvement programmes to plan or escalate as required.
The duties and responsibilities highlighted in this Job Description are indicative and may v ary over time. Job holders are expected to undertake other duties and responsibilities relevant to the nature, level and scope of the role.
Specificity of the job
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 79,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2020 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap. Safran ranks first in Forbes's 2020 list of the World's Best Employers for its sector. Safran Seats is a world leader in aircraft passenger and crew seats. One million seats made by the company are now in service worldwide.